• 94(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2022-09-07, 01:36)hhqjdaasc Wrote: Is there a way to make it skip only when they cut away to a commercial?

(2022-09-08, 07:28)V8MEM Wrote: The gdfp playlists have the ad break segments from google.com server so you could modify the hls playlist through a proxy to remove them or mark as a chapter point.

Good suggestion! I just added a "skip commercial breaks" option -- it scans the gdfp playlist to generate skip markers, instead of using the gameday feed.

If you want to test it, it is available as a ZIP file here:
https://github.com/tonywagner/plugin.vid...v2022.9.10
(2022-09-11, 02:22)tonywagner Wrote:
(2022-09-07, 01:36)hhqjdaasc Wrote: Is there a way to make it skip only when they cut away to a commercial?

(2022-09-08, 07:28)V8MEM Wrote: The gdfp playlists have the ad break segments from google.com server so you could modify the hls playlist through a proxy to remove them or mark as a chapter point.

Good suggestion! I just added a "skip commercial breaks" option -- it scans the gdfp playlist to generate skip markers, instead of using the gameday feed.

If you want to test it, it is available as a ZIP file here:
https://github.com/tonywagner/plugin.vid...v2022.9.10
The new “skip commercial breaks” option seems to generally be working but I noticed one anomaly – it seems that if you put a game on “pause” for too long that the feature will stop working.  I noticed that when watching a game from last night.  I watched a few innings of the game and then put it on pause while we went out to breakfast.  When I came back and unpaused it, probably about an hour and a half later, it was no longer skipping the commercial breaks.   Stopping the feed and restarting it from the start of the half-inning that you last watched will make the feature start working again.
Is there a way to log into your cable provider with the Kodi MLB app? MLB is requiring you to have a cable login to stream the postseason this year.
Worked for me using the mlb.tv/postseason link and restarting kodi
(2022-10-08, 02:33)jlg71680 Wrote: Worked for me using the mlb.tv/postseason link and restarting kodi

The other cute trick that MLB is doing is that they are now blacking-out postseason games for people living outside of the US, even though at mlb.tv/postseason it specifically says that they aren’t and even though the games are not broadcasted in the country in which I live.  In previous years the lack of blackouts outside of the US was a selling point of MLBTV.
Yeah--I'm in a similar boat as you. I don't have cable since it's crazy expensive and crappy where I live. Luckily, I share a cable login with my family and was able to get it working via VPN. We're in the same boat with hockey where they want you to use ESPN play, but the app doesn't work and the website is buggy.
As others have reported in the thread, I'd like to confirm the "changes" I've seen in the MLB.TV postseason streaming this season. From the MLB.TV support webpage;
https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/he...postseason
Quote:For MLB.TV US SUBSCRIBERS; Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, subscribers in the US must authenticate to a participating Pay TV provider.
[snip]

For MLB.TV INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIBERS:
Live games are not available outside the U.S. on MLB.TV with exception of the countries listed below. Archives available on demand 90 minutes after the game."

MLB.TV subscribers listed in the areas below can stream the 2022 Postseason:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Collectivity of Saint Martin, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Norway, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Saint Helena, Saint John, Saint Thomas, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Croix, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tortola, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen
However, I've not been able to stream any post season games using any of those locations, tested by using two different VPN providers. So I've only been able to stream the postseason by using the standard Android MLB.TV app and adding Youtube TV to my streaming services. Once I verified my location and accessed Youtube TV, I was able to stream postseason games on both Youtube TV, as well as the Android MLB.TV app.

After I had established my credentials with Youtube TV, the Kodi MLB.TV addon will appear to load the stream successfully but today for the Guardians / Rays game, either ONLY the "This Event will Start Soon" screen appeared, or no screen appeared.
(2022-10-08, 21:07)jasnn Wrote: As others have reported in the thread, I'd like to confirm the "changes" I've seen in the MLB.TV postseason streaming this season. From the MLB.TV support webpage;
https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/he...postseason
Quote:For MLB.TV US SUBSCRIBERS; Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, subscribers in the US must authenticate to a participating Pay TV provider.
[snip]

For MLB.TV INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIBERS:
Live games are not available outside the U.S. on MLB.TV with exception of the countries listed below. Archives available on demand 90 minutes after the game."

MLB.TV subscribers listed in the areas below can stream the 2022 Postseason:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Collectivity of Saint Martin, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Norway, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Saint Helena, Saint John, Saint Thomas, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Croix, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tortola, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen
However, I've not been able to stream any post season games using any of those locations, tested by using two different VPN providers. So I've been able to stream the postseason only by using the standard Android MLB.TV app and adding Youtube TV to my streaming services. Once I verified my location and accessed Youtube TV, I was able to stream postseason games on both Youtube TV, as well as the Android MLB.TV app.

After I had established my credentials with Youtube TV, the Kodi MLB.TV addon will appear to load the stream successfully but today for the Guardians / Rays game, either ONLY the "This Event will Start Soon" screen appeared, or no screen appeared.
I'm not using a VPN, I'm physically in one of the countries on that list of countries from which one CAN stream the postseason (Thailand) and it's blacked out.  I called tech support about it last night and when you call the number for support they fist thing that you hear is a pre-recorded message that tells you that you need to logon using a 3rd party service provider if you're in the US and that it you're outside of the US you can watch the games 90 minutes after they end.  I went through the motions of talking to a live person in their support center about it but they juts played dumb an promised to send me an email about it later.  Of course that email never arrived.
I found a work-around for the blackout of post-season games outside of the US but it requires an accomplice in the US.  A relative of mine has a YouTubeTV subscription so I had them log onto MLBTV wth my credentials and authenticate it my link their YouTubeV account to my MLBTV account.  Then from Thailand I connected to a ** VPN server in the US and started streaming with the Kodi Add-On.  That worked but the speed was marginal, but I found that once it starts streaming you can disconnect the VPN to improve the speed and it will continue streaming uninterrupted.  Apparently your geographic location is checked by MLBTV only once, when you first start streaming, and never again after that.

** Note by moderator: no need for VPN names. And there is still a VPN policy (wiki) on this forum.
(2022-10-09, 05:10)hhqjdaasc Wrote: I found a work-around for the blackout of post-season games outside of the US but it requires an accomplice in the US.  A relative of mine has a YouTubeTV subscription so I had them log onto MLBTV wth my credentials and authenticate it my link their YouTubeV account to my MLBTV account.  Then from Thailand I connected to a ** VPN server in the US and started streaming with the Kodi Add-On.  That worked but the speed was marginal, but I found that once it starts streaming you can disconnect the VPN to improve the speed and it will continue streaming uninterrupted.  Apparently your geographic location is checked by MLBTV only once, when you first start streaming, and never again after that.

** Note by moderator: no need for VPN names. And there is still a VPN policy (wiki) on this forum.
Noted about the forum's VPN policy, but since MLB specifically states on their web site that people in the country in which I live CAN stream postseason games, using a VPN to enable that violates no laws.
The point is that we do not support VPN usage here, as it's all too often related to stuff also against our piracy policy (wiki).

In this case that wouldn't directly apply, but overall the policy here stands. We do not support using them to overcome geolocking and other such restrictions.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What MLB's tech support is telling me is that they blackout games now based the billing address of your account rather than upon your physical location and that's why I'm blacked out in a country in which there are not supposed are no blackouts.  But it never was that way before and the person that I talked to swears that it always was that way.  Among the many things that I don't get about that story is why they would band VPNs of blackout are based only upon your billing address.  Another strange thing is that when you call tech support first thing that yon hear is a recorded message that says that the postseason games are blacked-out outside the United States & Canada, but when you finally get a person on the phone they say something different.  So I'll just use my work-around for now, since there's no way that they are going to do anything to help.
Does this add on still work with live games?
It does work great as always, but gamechanger seems to be needing an update to work.
Everything seems to work great so far. Had some early user error seemingly resolved. Cheers
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2