• 59(current)
Release MLB.TV®
Batters often appear to have blurred faces. MLB.tv has looked like this since I first subscribed. I know it's not an add-on issue but maybe someone has an idea what causes this. Is it due to some kind of compression or noise reduction MLB uses..my video card?
I love this app, but just suddenly started getting a python dependency error. Any suggestions for how to fix? I find the whole installation process on the kodi platform confusing, so please reply like you're talking to a newb. Thank you!
(2017-07-04, 19:29)cobainsdragon Wrote: I love this app, but just suddenly started getting a python dependency error. Any suggestions for how to fix? I find the whole installation process on the kodi platform confusing, so please reply like you're talking to a newb. Thank you!

I ran into that problem too and thought that it was because I did something wrong with my Kodi setup (Jarvis on Android). What happened is that I got an error message saying something about BeautifulSoup4 being incompatible and asking if I want to disable the addon. I clicked "yes" and then MLBTV wouldn't run and I couldn't reinstall it, so I deleted all of my Kodi data and restored my build from a backup. Then when I got that BeautifulSoup4 message again I just ignored it and everything continued to run fine.
Hello, used your addon for 2 years now with very little issues.

The last few weeks when I open the add-on it just shows ...

I went ahead and updated the addon to .12 from your github but that didn't fix it.

Any suggestions ?
FYI if your email address has a plus sign '+' in it, the plugin cannot successfully login (e.g. [email protected]). I was confused because I didn't even see the cookie.lwp file in userdata, and my logs didn't show anything obviously wrong. Once I changed my email address on mlb.tv to one without that character, everything worked great!

My guess is the email address needs to be encoded before being sent to their authentication servers.

Thanks for the awesome plugin!
I've been using this addon since the beginning of the season now with no problems, it is absolutely awesome, and I don't have any real issues. However, I've always had about 30 seconds of lag compared to anyone watching the same live game on an actual TV channel, whether it's a local antenna channel or satellite. I've been accepting that as a quirk of using mlb.tv regardless of the app/addon/device. The thing is, I have found somewhat of a workaround with the mlb.tv browser flash app, going into settings and enabling standard video. It kills the ability to rewind and fast forward and that kind of thing as well as the video quality being inconsistent at best, but it is consistently steaming about 30 seconds ahead of what I am getting through any other app I have on any of my devices including kodi. Is there anyway to enable that within this addon? I feel like I've looked though every setting but I can't find anything like that.
Has anyone else been experiencing some issues with this plugin lately?

I've been using it all season and it's been great but the past week or so I'm getting some fairly consisting stuttering/freezing of the connection.
It's been pretty bad for me the last few weeks but I don't think it's due to Kodi or the plugin, based on issues with MLB.tv in the past. Although, I haven't tried streaming from a browser much lately.. Poor performance had been mostly limited to peak hours but now it's at any given time during live games. Prior to the issues over the last few weeks, performance was the steadiest I'd ever experienced over maybe a two month span.. Post season could be hell.. heh
For the past week and a half the MLB stream has been hit or miss. It was either very bad of very good, with mostly very bad. On Wednesday night I set up the same game with Kodi and Roku. The Kodi stream was unwatchable. The Roku stream was flawless.
I had been watching all year with Kodi, with very few problems, until recently. MLB will never admit it, but I do think they are to blame.
Having buffering/stuttering issues this week too.
Recap videos won't play again. I'm also running into buffering issues or complete loss of video of archived games occasionally. Please see my log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25462816/
Immediately working again after uninstalling the add-on and reinstalling from repository.
(2017-09-05, 02:38)architeuthis Wrote: Immediately working again after uninstalling the add-on and reinstalling from repository.
I did the same and now it's working again. Weird.

Although I am still getting stuttering and/or buffering issues.

No issues playing back the m3u8 with streamlink + vlc.
I'm having an issue with this addon where I try to watch a live game and i get the spinning wheel like it's loading the stream but then it disappears and nothing plays. Is this my setup or the plugin? Do I try to uninstall/reinstall?
Hi, all.
How can I watch condensed games in 60fps? I set up 5000 kbps and ''best available'' but frame is 29.97.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2