• 4(current)
WIP ReKOver : Skinning tool project
So, news from the front ...

I have to change my tune. Too much constraints to "adapt" KOver's process (Going to reach an even more incredible amount of values so I won't write a variable file twice or more long than KOver's 7000+ lines, schematic squares for the preview won't make illusion anymore so have to face to include refreshing problems for a real preview, backup / import feature won't be bundled as it is now, etc...).

Considering this, the best way is to set a viewtype by defining first the target content (ex. video), so it will filter at the beginning the available corresponding labels / pictures / etc. When this done, create the view as a model (so only 1 settings package to handle) and when and only when the view is completed > apply to a view slot (1 to 7?) or export.

Good or bad news depending your tastes, Designer has been "materialized". Material design is for me one of the best guideline for usability / UI design, even more from a mouse / touch devices point of view.

Right now I'm a bit stuck from a code side because of "not yet developped" but requested feature to manage constants a better way. Will keep you in touch and probably post a video for Designer navigation preview (functional viewtypes not yet working of course).

[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-11, 18:58)Jayz2K Wrote: So, news from the front ...

I have to change my tune. Too much constraints to "adapt" KOver's process (Going to reach an even more incredible amount of values so I won't write a variable file twice or more long than KOver's 7000+ lines, schematic squares for the preview won't make illusion anymore so have to face to include refreshing problems for a real preview, backup / import feature won't be bundled as it is now, etc...).

Considering this, the best way is to set a viewtype by defining first the target content (ex. video), so it will filter at the beginning the available corresponding labels / pictures / etc. When this done, create the view as a model (so only 1 settings package to handle) and when and only when the view is completed > apply to a view slot (1 to 7?) or export.

Good or bad news depending your tastes, Designer has been "materialized". Material design is for me one of the best guideline for usability / UI design, even more from a mouse / touch devices point of view.

Right now I'm a bit stuck from a code side because of "not yet developped" but requested feature to manage constants a better way. Will keep you in touch and probably post a video for Designer navigation preview (functional viewtypes not yet working of course).

I can only tell you: Courage, the road is long, but the rewards will be enormous. I'm still here behind you, if you need help, and can be a beer one day ^^.
Concerning your proposal to build view, we must emphasize the visual packet (block). One can really identify each item ,it do not mind me, it seems to be longer to build a view, but not out on the bad road (we have to finalize to see the final ! ? ) but I like the idea. This is similar to my idea of designing your skin (like a software increasingly. A bit like photoshop. If I not flattened layers, I can not have the final rendering ..) . Hmm .. I like the idea. for me, I agree.
@Reynald : updated my previous post with sshots

Wow, beautiful, I understand how it will work, and I think it will not be for beginners in the use of skins. I like what I see. Hmm ... you're really a great ill, it is a beautiful, titanic work. Congratulations. I register me on the list of beta tester .. lol (not serious !!: p).
(2016-03-11, 19:27)Reynald Wrote: Wow, beautiful, I understand how it will work, and I think it will not be for beginners in the use of skins. I like what I see. Hmm ... you're really a great ill, it is a beautiful, titanic work. Congratulations. I register me on the list of beta tester .. lol (not serious !!: p).

As said, goal is to allow skinners to make their skin WITHOUT CODING and allow skinners without coding knowledges to finally be able to make something. This will NEVER be as powerfull as coding and is not what I'm targetting (but will stick as close as possible).
Also, for end user, I would like to make things as easy as installing skins in KODI (I said ... would like to).

If I manage to do that, it will probably somehow satisfy both worlds.

Hmm .. I know, I understand, too excuse my enthusiasm. Sad Sorry. But I dreamed of this skin, since I was 5 years old (No i kidding of course) but I always imagined (if I have the capacity) to make a skin like that. Providing the opportunity create all view of any presentation. and here it is the tip of her nose !! KOVER. I know you will give the opportunity to all to use your skin, and all .
(2016-03-11, 19:40)Reynald Wrote: Hmm .. I know, I understand, too excuse my enthusiasm. Sad Sorry. But I dreamed of this skin, since I was 5 years old (No i kidding of course) but I always imagined (if I have the capacity) to make a skin like that. Providing the opportunity create all view of any presentation. and here it is the tip of her nose !! KOVER. I know you will give the opportunity to all to use your skin, and all .

lol, no worries. Just confirming that such a tool will not be usable without some learning ... of course. (like any skinning tool).

(2016-03-11, 19:40)Reynald Wrote: Hmm .. I know, I understand, too excuse my enthusiasm. Sad Sorry. But I dreamed of this skin, since I was 5 years old .

Rofl

i am right there with Reynald in his enthusiasm not since 5 but there !!! Wink
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-03-11, 19:43)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 19:40)Reynald Wrote: Hmm .. I know, I understand, too excuse my enthusiasm. Sad Sorry. But I dreamed of this skin, since I was 5 years old (No i kidding of course) but I always imagined (if I have the capacity) to make a skin like that. Providing the opportunity create all view of any presentation. and here it is the tip of her nose !! KOVER. I know you will give the opportunity to all to use your skin, and all .

lol, no worries. Just confirming that such a tool will not be usable without some learning ... of course. (like any skinning tool).

anything would have a learning curve, for more easier that you wanna make it there would be always someone that doesnt get it or understand.

désolé pour mon français , mais cela est absolut incroyable!
Merci
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
lol I see that this skin mostly interests French people, funny Wink

Count me in the enthousiasts list! KOver 1 is already amazing in this sense of already advanced customization. I already said that, but it's just a unique piece of work, one of a kind.
One more rewrite ...

I completely removed the viewtypes and blocs notion. I implemented layers instead (1 to 9).
Layer 1 is for wallpaper and locked as background level
Layer 9 is for submenu and locked as foreground
Layer 2 to 7 are set between those two and each can be affected to a "content type" : Artbox, Textbox, ListBox and finally videobox. Rendering priority is the Layer number (higher n° will show foreground).
One and only one and required will be for the Main nav list, so there's still 6 you can dispatch as you wish (you can set 6 artboxes or 6 textboxes or 3 textboxes and 3 artboxes, etc...
This covers most of the needs for ex. Header (text), footer (text), item description (text), Fanart (art), Discart (art), Clearlogo (art).
Selecting the "content type" will filter available options for infolabels, actions, size / position capabilities.

The settings will handle the display by elimination / activation.

There's also more consistency in the code deconstructing the <control>'s.

layers is a good way to understand and visualize the rendering priority process but is not very intuitive in the functional way like how to associate, Ex. layer 9 with submenu ?

It wouldn't be better something like: Layer 9 (Submenu)

*maybe is an stupid observation , I just picture myself trying to remember what layer 9 is for ! Rofl

btw this is taking form looks great and i cant wait to put my hands on it Smile !!!!!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-03-16, 20:10)reaven Wrote: layers is a good way to understand and visualize the rendering priority process but is not very intuitive in the functional way like how to associate, Ex. layer 9 with submenu ?

It wouldn't be better something like: Layer 9 (Submenu)

*maybe is an stupid observation , I just picture myself trying to remember what layer 9 is for ! Rofl

btw this is taking form looks great and i cant wait to put my hands on it Smile !!!!!

The layers selection unrolls a list where Layer 1 : Wallpaper and Layer 9 : Submenu is written. It also shows the type of content of the 7 others if something is set (otherwise displays "unused"). If you select layer 1 or 9 it will autoset " Wallpaper" or "Submenu" in the content field below. Also, content selection will be locked for that both.

super cool !!!!!

BTW at how much are we looking at, a year maybe ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I hope not a year. It took me ages with KOver and I don't want to spend so much time again. Some monthes for sure but it's easier to code a layout than a whole skin. Skinning will be done in the designer Wink. The most complicated is to get things to fit together and mostly avoid possible mistakes allowing weird settings.

EDIT : Wanted to add that making it to work with a mouse is really appreciable ! But having navigation working with keyb / mouse / touch is a pain to code.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReKOver : Skinning tool project2