'Remote share could not connect to network server' music after update to 16.0
If I try to access my music library I get the error in the title.
Only for music.
I can access the files themselves via the file explorer.

None of my files are access via a network, all are stored locally.
Unfortnately the message is a bit misleading, it just means that Kodi is having trouble with accesing the music library regardless of if local or remote.

Worth trying to update from Helix to 16.1, and if same thing happens then provide a debug log. You will need to leave Kodi to update the library on install, but it looks like nothing is happening (no messages to say progressing) and Windows will say Kodi has stopped working. So just don't be too hasty on install.
(2016-08-10, 11:12)DaveBlake Wrote: Unfortnately the message is a bit misleading, it just means that Kodi is having trouble with accesing the music library regardless of if local or remote.

Worth trying to update from Helix to 16.1, and if same thing happens then provide a debug log. You will need to leave Kodi to update the library on install, but it looks like nothing is happening (no messages to say progressing) and Windows will say Kodi has stopped working. So just don't be too hasty on install.

Unfortunately upgrading isn't an option for me for the moment as I don't have the internet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Remote share could not connect to network server' music after update to 16.00