How to set-up multiple "libraries" in Kodi
Hi,
I recently switched from Plex to Kodi and in general I love it. However there is one important feature that I'm missing and I'm sure it is somewhere possible, but just that I probably cannot find it: how to set-up / organize movies in multiple libraries in Kodi?

In Plex, I used to have movies bundled in "libraries" so that I would have "recent releases", "action", "classical", "kids movies", "cartoons" etc.
When kids wanted to watch cartoons, I would just point them out to the cartoons library and then they could themselves choose cartoons to watch and so on. Very simple, very easy.

Here in Kodi there only seems to be one single huge library. It does a good job finding data on movies from databases and then assigning genre etc. But many times this is not enough - e.g. local / national cartoons would not be identified etc. I would still much prefer to be able to bundle certain type of videos in a "library".

It would be much better if on the front screen I could select multiple libraries to go into, instead of just "Movies".

Any suggestions?
Smart Playlists.
Have a look on the wiki, read some threads here - there are loads of them.
You'll need a skin that supports sticking them on the home screen. There are plenty of options for that.
Thread moved to OS independent - discussions isn't for support requests.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set-up multiple "libraries" in Kodi0