Noob questions, I guess :-/
Hi.

I have Kodi installed in my tablet (Android) and also in my desktop (Win7). They are separate instances. I have wifi, both my TVs are fairly old (one is a plasma with one HDMI, no USB and the other doesn't have HDMI or USB). I have cable in both TVS, they both have their own set top box.

What I want is a way to centralize the movies and tv series (on my desktop computer) but be able to see them in either one of my TVs or the tablet. Is that possible?
If not, a simpler solution: one Kodi streaming to one specific TV. Is that possible?

I was considering getting a Chromecast but it doesn't work with Kodi.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
The most obvious way:
Buy a couple of raspberry pi's - 1 for each tv. Connect 1 via HDMI, the other by composite.
Set up a mysql server on your desktop - that gives you a shared library that can be accessed by both pi's, tablet and desktop.

I'd say raspberries because they're cheap, they have HDMI and composite outputs, they're very well supported, and having 2 identical devices makes life a little simpler. But anything that runs kodi and has an output that works with your tv would do.
Thread moved to OS independent as it relates to multiple OS's.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-07, 19:03)trogggy Wrote: The most obvious way:
Buy a couple of raspberry pi's - 1 for each tv. Connect 1 via HDMI, the other by composite.
Set up a mysql server on your desktop - that gives you a shared library that can be accessed by both pi's, tablet and desktop.

I'd say raspberries because they're cheap, they have HDMI and composite outputs, they're very well supported, and having 2 identical devices makes life a little simpler. But anything that runs kodi and has an output that works with your tv would do.

Thanks Trogggy. I'm looking into this solution you proposed. RPs 2 Model B are actually on sale on a shop next to me and quite cheap, you're right.
But I still have some homework to do, I need to investigate: I already have an old RP (Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 - 512MB) I need to see if it is worth using (doesn't have Wifi).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob questions, I guess :-/0