Customizing DVDPlayer
I have a STB Hisilicon does not work on hardware acceleration via kodi .
I managed to run by invoking the API's of Hisilicon , this api has its own demux and its own OSD window, video playback this window is in front of Kodi , like another app , which causes the volume bars , information , etc. are not shown , because they are behind the OSD of Hisilicon window.

I would like to add OSD window Hisilicon as a child control of the GUIWindowFullScreen Kodi window, just do not know how to do, the OSD window I own the handle .
Can anyone give me a guide ?

Note : I'm running on android
sorry, I'm no dev, but in Android land there are certain API levels that do support HW acceleration. Kodi does support hw accelerated surface rendering as well as mediacodec. Instead of hacking your way around the probably shitty firmware you should ask the vendor to make their firmware API compliant.
I'm able to run the videos with hardware acceleration, but the window in which the video runs ( OSD) Kodi has no view of it and for this reason he can not control , but I had the idea to add this window to window control of Kodi , if in DotNet I know , but the android am crawling .
Hugs!
kodi doesn't use android windowing system. Your approach is simply not right - no matter how near to your goal it feels.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-03-09, 08:11)Memphiz Wrote: kodi doesn't use android windowing system. Your approach is simply not right - no matter how near to your goal it feels.

Can you tell me how do I add an OSD control externally created GUIWindowFullScreen window?
^^ translation -> Not possible. Kodi is native c/c++ inside, not java. What you are trying to do cannot be done. The only thing you can do is launch an external player.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-03-09, 15:44)MrMC Wrote: ^^ translation -> Not possible. Kodi is native c/c++ inside, not java. What you are trying to do cannot be done. The only thing you can do is launch an external player.

I'm already running , the API's of Hisilicon are in C / C ++ , the problem is that the api Hisilicon open an OSD window to draw the video frames , or there is in front of the OSD window Hisilicon or the kodi .
Works in good big annoying is that progress windows , volume , and other information are not displayed when the video is playing , but to stop the video , everything returns to normal .
The idea is to implement compatible CODEC for kodi , but I have technical limitations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizing DVDPlayer1