• 45(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-10-14, 12:30)wrxtasy Wrote: Firstly go to the Display Refresh App and "Long press" the middle remote button. And, Stop App & clear all the Caches. Then Highlight WMP in Blue again in that Display App.

[b]Settings->video->playback->adjust display

I would use:
Settings->video->playback->adjust display refresh rate> Start / Stop

Also make sure Android Settings > Screen Resolution > is NOT set to > Auto Switch to best resolution.
Set 1080p60hz or 1080p50hz

Thank You for your help.

When You said long press the middle button, is it the home button?, i close all apps but caches where is it?

I clean wmp cache in app admin and change my settings for yours but i have many tv shows and continue play back in a little format.

Thanks
I've been playing around with the newly fixed Play2 / Android TV OS ROM - Voice search functionality with SPMC v16.4.2, from Koying:

How-to-do-voice-search-on-Android-TV

Used in conjunction with the WeTek Core's RF remote control and its dedicated Mic button, its a fantastic Kodi addition for searching a decent sized Kodi media library easily with minimal effort.

This voice search functionality also works with this Android smartdevice App and this iOS one

Excellent work @Koying, this is seriously the most handy feature I've seen added to ATV OS + SPMC/Kodi in quite a while. I've not seen it mentioned much by the Shield guys for some reason.

Eg. As I'm an Aussie, and because she is Smoking Hot ! searching for "Margot Robbie" on the ATV OS Desktop (with SPMC minimised):

Just select the required movie, and you flip back into SPMC / Kodi's movie info page. Its all pretty seamless Smile

You then get Recently Added titles from your Kodi media Library, displayed on the home screen. Stamped with little SPMC logos on them:

W.

Very nice! Can't wait for this ROM to be out.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hey @wrxtasy, can you answer a few questions about the Android tv rom?

Do the power options at the bottom of the launcher work (sleep, shutdown etc...)?

What apps are under YouTube and weather live in your last pic? I thought the leanback launcher only had 2 rows by default? Is it a custom row?
@wrxtasy: could you maybe test the Plex Client for Android TV if it is properly switching refresh rate too?
I know maybe not the right forum, but I use Plex for childrens stuff and Kodi/SPMC/MrMC for adults stuff.
(2016-10-15, 18:01)MicMac Wrote: Hey @wrxtasy, can you answer a few questions about the Android tv rom?

Do the power options at the bottom of the launcher work (sleep, shutdown etc...)?

What apps are under YouTube and weather live in your last pic? I thought the leanback launcher only had 2 rows by default? Is it a custom row?
Looks like games below the apps as a separate section, it's the same on the shield, but with the games section above the apps.
(2016-10-15, 09:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Image
So you are now ripping and encoding your Blu-ray movies in HEVC with AAC audio? How long does it take for a full length movie to be encoded in HEVC?
(2016-10-15, 18:26)tredman Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 18:01)MicMac Wrote: Hey @wrxtasy, can you answer a few questions about the Android tv rom?

Looks like games below the apps as a separate section, it's the same on the shield, but with the games section above the apps.
That's true @tredman, but the leanback launcher on the Shield has a header above each section (shield hub, games and apps). There doesn't appear to be a header above the row of apps or games from @wrxtasy's pic.

I really hope the power menu at the bottom of the launcher works.
WeTek's Power Menu is not part of the Android TV OS interface. You simply do a short press of the Power Button on the remote control for instant power down, or Long press it for the usual Power down / Reboot down menu.
All regular Android Lollipop and WeTek Apps are found when you select the Sideload / Launcher Icon.

I've been playing around a bit more with Voice Search today, and found out you can launch Apps as well.
It is pretty cool saying "launch app SPMC" to get Kodi started ! Smile

Ah, thanks for clarifying about the power menu. There's a power menu at the bottom of the leanback launcher on some Android tv devices (shield for example). I just wasn't sure if it was used within this ROM. It might be handy for people not using the Play 2 remote. I currently use a 3rd party mini keyboard that doesn't have a programmable ir button.

Can you confirm that the launcher rows do in fact separate apps from games? Are headers not used?

Thanks again. Really anxious for this ROM.
This will explain it better:

And here is the Grid EPG, you get with ATV OS - Live Channels using the Play2's Tuner.

Currently in the final stages of testing with the underlying WeTV OS v1.3 Firmware, Ricardo is fixing up a few remaining bugs and adding a bit more user friendliness to the Live Channels TV setup.
I will see what can be done about the currently hidden Power Button.

Would be nice to wetek release new ota 1.4 in this week with fixed few things from prevous releases and then Ricardo can use it as base for his android tv build :-)
Any chance to see this porting on hub as well?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-10-15, 23:28)MicMac Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 18:26)tredman Wrote:

That's true @tredman, but the leanback launcher on the Shield has a header above each section (shield hub, games and apps). There doesn't appear to be a header above the row of apps or games from @wrxtasy's pic.

That power at the bottom doesn't exist, but it is not hard to make. I can actually put whatever I want in there.
I just never felt the need to make it since almost every remote has a Power button which is easier to press and faster than navigating to the bottom.

(2016-10-17, 20:21)zbigzbig20 Wrote: Would be nice to wetek release new ota 1.4 in this week with fixed few things from prevous releases and then Ricardo can use it as base for his android tv build :-)

I will rebase my ROM every time WeTek releases an update as this is my daily driver and I don't wanna miss new features/bug fixes.

(2016-10-17, 20:50)zival Wrote: Any chance to see this porting on hub as well?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Not right now as I don't have a Hub to develop on. Maybe in the near future, we'll have to see.
(2016-10-17, 22:46)ricardopvz Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 23:28)MicMac Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 18:26)tredman Wrote: Looks like games below the apps as a separate section, it's the same on the shield, but with the games section above the apps.

That power at the bottom doesn't exist, but it is not hard to make. I can actually put whatever I want in there.
I just never felt the need to make it since almost every remote has a Power button which is easier to press and faster than navigating to the bottom.
Hey, thank you for the prompt reply and your work on this ROM.

I agree that the power options at the bottom of the launcher may seem redundant if you're using the Play 2 remote, but not so much if you are using a 3rd party remote. For example, the rii mini remote/keyboard combo that many people use doesn't have a built-in power button. I also believe the power button on the Play 2 uses ir, so unless the 3rd party remote has a programmable ir button, users that use 3rd party remotes or keyboards may be stuck without a way to power off the device.

If I'm missing something completely obvious, and there is a way to shut down the Play 2 without the Play 2 remote or these power options, I apologize.

Thank you again for your work on this custom Android tv ROM.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11