• 59(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2017-04-14, 17:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Just browsing for some other unrelated device and a Google Ad popped up:

17% of WeTek Play2 for Period 14 - 17th April

Discount Code EASTER17

Thanks for that, just worked ok for me Big Grin
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-04-14, 17:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Just browsing for some other unrelated device and a Google Ad popped up:

17% of WeTek Play2 for Period 14 - 17th April

Discount Code EASTER17
Excellent. Thanks. Brings it down to less than the price of the Hub. Is the remote better on the Play 2?

Sent from my LG-H850
Hi,
I just bought the wetek play 2, and installed Libreelec on sd-card.
Can someone indicate me where can I find the description of the keys functions of the remote control when using libreelec? I tried to find but couldn't.
Thanks.
Install keymap editor from kodi repo and map all buttons under your preferences
(2017-04-14, 20:56)zbigzbig20 Wrote: Install keymap editor from kodi repo and map all buttons under your preferences

I'm a newbie on this. Can you please indicate me a link with the tutorial or instructions?
Thanks.
Kodi Krypton > Addons > Install from Repository > Program Addons > Keymap Editor

Then just play around with it, there are far to many variations to explain it all.

Be very careful if remapping the Back button functionality as you may get stuck and cannot navigate Kodi until you reset the button mapping, whcih cn be done externally.

As an Example all the Listed Menu that first Popup - when you navigate into them any key remapping will only apply to that specific Kodi functionality.

Full Screen Video for example - any remapped buttons will only change their function when Kodi Full Screen Video is playing..

(2017-04-15, 11:04)wrxtasy Wrote: Kodi Krypton > Addons > Install from Repository > Program Addons > Keymap Editor

Then just play around with it, there are far to many variations to explain it all.

Be very careful if remapping the Back button functionality as you may get stuck and cannot navigate Kodi until you reset the button mapping, whcih cn be done externally.

As an Example all the Listed Menu that first Popup - when you navigate into them any key remapping will only apply to that specific Kodi functionality.

Full Screen Video for example - any remapped buttons will only change their function when Kodi Full Screen Video is playing..

Thanks for the info!
But:

1) I did not understand the part of "any key remapping will only apply to that specific Kodi functionality.".
2) How do I reset the button mapping?

Another different subject, but that I would like very much to get opinions about: I cannot decide between buying an airmouse Mele F10 or the combo Logitech K400 (Keyboard and touch mouse combo). What do you think?
Just experiment with the Keymap Editor Addon - certain Functions will only apply to specific sections of Kodi. I don't know how to explain it better.

On the very First Keymap Editor screen there is a Reset function. Then remember to Hit Save.

Cannot comment on the Mele F10 or K400 - some people swear by the K400 for touchscreen Android Apps.
I personally use a Wireless MINIX A2 Lite - Plug n Play, with a bit of minimal Kodi Remapping. Works with everything.

Reason - I wanted a uncluttered simple remote without too many Buttons on the front of it. Works well with Big Male Gorilla Hands ! Wink

From what I read, the Mele F10 and Minix Neo A2 are very similar. The most important difference is the size. But, since I have to consider my small kids, I think a smaller remote is better, and then, my choice must be Mele F10.
The add-on Kodi Remapping will also allow me to programm some keys on the Mele F10 airmouse? Or, the add-on is specific for some airmouse remotes?
This may be a daft question as I am still trying to get my head around all the different things that make up a running KODI setup on the Play 2

Will there be a KODI 18 for the Play 2 either in Android or LibreELEC and will the Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 be able to be installed.
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-04-18, 11:23)JohnWB Wrote: This may be a daft question as I am still trying to get my head around all the different things that make up a running KODI setup on the Play 2

Will there be a KODI 18 for the Play 2 either in Android or LibreELEC and will the Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 be able to be installed.

It will take some time to have Kodi 18 stable, but yes, once released it will be available for Play 2

BR
Thanks for that
Hi there,

I wonder if dualboot with the play2 is only possible with the original wetek play 2 remote or not?

I ordered a MINIX NEO A3 Wireless Air Mouse Six-Axis Gyroscope Remote Control QWERTY Keyboard to control android tv on my wetek play.
(2017-04-18, 13:26)Pienoet Wrote: Hi there,

I wonder if dualboot with the play2 is only possible with the original wetek play 2 remote or not?

I ordered a MINIX NEO A3 Wireless Air Mouse Six-Axis Gyroscope Remote Control QWERTY Keyboard to control android tv on my wetek play.

Hi

The dual boot must be done with the original RCU's

BR
So not possible with other remote controls?

How about turn wetek on/off using CEC like odroid C2?

Is this possible
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11