WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-03-10, 02:53)bigjess007 Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 21:33)nsomlai Wrote: I honestly don't see the target market for the Core after the Hub is released. Less features for twice the price? Am I missing something?

The core has optical audio out for surround sound whereas I don't see any of the other devices having that. So for those of us who don't want to buy a HDMI compatible receiver, we'll need the core (unless your HDMI TV can do optical out, or you want to go the kludge route of a HDMI optical audio extractor). Yes I know, my days with this receiver are limited, going to have to purchase a new HDMI receiver at some point.

The core is also the only one with AV (composite video + stereo audio) out as well, but I could be wrong about that. Not everyone has a HDMI compatible tv, lots of tubes still in the world. And if you don't want to kludge HDMI to composite adapter, having the box be able to export the signals the old way is nice.

There was also the ram argument (core 2gb, hub 1gb), personally I think more will make a smoother experience, but I'm not jumping in on that one.

LOL, I missed the optical out. Blush And I need it too. Thanks for spotting it.

I still think less would be more though. Three well-defined products would be less confusing than six with lots of overlaps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - CabSat - Dubai - by nsomlai - 2016-03-10, 08:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11