• 7(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-03-09, 23:54)droidelec Wrote: 1. All current and future WeTek devices support dual-boot option, where users are prompted to select through Boot menu from where they want to boot. Options are Internal Storage or microSD card. Why is that needed? Answer on that question is simple. By this way, users can easily reboot from Android to OpenELEC, or vice versa directly from sofa, without need to remove microSD card with OpenELEC or Enigma 2 (Play, Play 2, Play 2S since they will support it) on it.
This confuses me. All current (play and core) and future hardware have dual boot from sofa right? What exactly does the new hardware line up support more then?

Quote:2. Yes, WeTek have early access to Android 6.0 Marshmallow for S9xx, and there for sure will be update once when it is ready to be launched.
Shouldn't be asked here but will current boxes also get marshmallow?
New hardware support dual boot menu as well as all current hardware from WeTek. It means, Android, OpenELEC, Enigma 2 etc.

Currently AMLogic only released 6.0 SDK for S9xx lineup of SoC's.
(2016-03-15, 00:59)droidelec Wrote: New hardware support dual boot menu as well as all current hardware from WeTek. It means, Android, OpenELEC, Enigma 2 etc.

@droidelec
All current hardware support dual boot MENU ? I don't have seen that yet.
Speaking of the WeTek Play..
(2016-03-15, 10:18)lama0900 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 00:59)droidelec Wrote: New hardware support dual boot menu as well as all current hardware from WeTek. It means, Android, OpenELEC, Enigma 2 etc.

@droidelec

Dual boot for Play in the last firmware update:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...03-2016/p1
(2016-03-15, 10:39)JoBcn Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 10:18)lama0900 Wrote:

@droidelec

Dual boot for Play in the last firmware update:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...03-2016/p1

And where do you see a boot MENU there? Cool
So correctly it's called dual boot. not boot MENU.
So don't call it boot menu, please.

I wanted to ask @droidelec, if a boot MENU is really planned?
For Dual boot on the Play, if its the same as the Core:

When rebooting, there will be a message on the first WeTek Logo screen to Hold Down the Power button to boot from Internal memory or from the SD card which usually contains OpenELEC. Its all very simple Smile

(2016-03-15, 12:48)wrxtasy Wrote: For Dual boot on the Play, if its the same as the Core:

When rebooting, there will be a message on the first WeTek Logo screen to Hold Down the Power button to boot from Internal memory or from the SD card which usually contains OpenELEC. Its all very simple Smile

Didn't say anything about simplicity.
Anyway, nobody seems to understand the difference between boot menu and dual boot possibility.
Hi,
One week ago 5 new models were introduced but we still don't know price and precise availability
Some of us want to buy the new models but we still don't have the specs/information/tunner options in the wetek site
Hope we can have more info soon...
JoBcn check WeTek Facebook page, all specs posted for each model Wink
(2016-03-15, 22:13)droidelec Wrote: JoBcn check WeTek Facebook page, all specs posted for each model Wink

I knew the Facebook table of (final?) specs and photos and also the brochure available for the new models but no info in the Wetek site yet, no prices, no (precise) available date (2nd quarter is too much time: April, May or June?)
Sorry, but perhaps we are used that if somebody (Apple, samsung, etc..) announces something have all that info available in their sites the same day Smile and somethimes also the product available ! Nod
(2016-03-11, 06:24)tiqq2 Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 20:45)Jönke Wrote: Dual dvb s2 tuner @droidelec Huh

Same question but for DVB-C Wink

??
Play 2 for sure will be Single tuner version, while we are working on Twin tuner version for Play 2S, including Twin DVB-S2 and Twin Hybrid C/T/T2.

One important info. We finished V4L video decoder for AMLogic SoC's and we started testing on AMLogic S905-H Revision C. Experience under OpenELEC will be much better especially for DVB.
Guys Should i get Core or Hub for 1080P media playback and netflix hd 1080?

i really like the hub size but i don't know about how good with playing mkv files 5GB-10Gb?
(2016-03-15, 23:28)droidelec Wrote: One important info. We finished V4L video decoder for AMLogic SoC's and we started testing on AMLogic S905-H Revision C. Experience under OpenELEC will be much better especially for DVB.
Does that V4L video decoder for AMLogic SoCs mean that hardware accelerated video decoding will also work as is should when running Kodi in Enigma2 firmware on WeTek Play series?

And can we assume that by V4L you refer to V4L2 (second-generation Video4Linux)? Also that you will submit that code upstream to Kodi for mainline inclusion too?

Another slightly off-topic question; do you by the way know if Amlogic have also started to look at support for the "Next gen media controller" for the future with V4L?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...ext-Gen-MC
(2016-03-10, 04:44)bigjess007 Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote: ...Now has anyone spotted the tiny Elephant in the room yet, one that eats cheese ? Eek
I'm talking about the excellent, super responsive, RF/IR Wireless Air Mouse that the Core comes packaged with. I'm not sure how Hub and Play2 users are going to go navigating about various Android Tablet Apps like a Web Browser with just an D-Pad IR remote control.

WeTek how do you plan to address this, what do you have up your sleeve ?

We didn't, but you did. Cool Excellent point on the remote wrxtasy. WeTek seems to be trying to market everything as all in one, one stop shop. So killer hardware plus sucky remote equals horrible user experience. Sure you can add your own remote on, but then if you want to remap keys, it's more work than it just working out of the box. And more cost.

Can the UI be changed to be more D-Pad friendly? Don't know, but may be possible. But more development work I would think.

Maybe, (hopefully) they offer to sell the great air mouse remote separately? Or rethink this angle completely? Like a pick which remote you want to buy type deal cause if you know you're going third party, you don't need the better remote. But if you want it to just work out of the box, get their remote designed to work with it.
I've made some enquires about this as I was a bit confused about the IR remotes that come with the WeTek Hub and the Play2.
The Tech specs list no Air Mouse but I have had confirmation that both the Hub and Play2 IR remotes have an Mouse/Mute dual function button that pops up the a Mouse cursor. No idea on the functionality.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11