WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-03-10, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote:
WeTek Hub vs Core:

As already mentioned the Core has a S/PDIF Optical and A/V port that is missing from the Hub, one more usb2 port as well.

Now has anyone spotted the tiny Elephant in the room yet, one that eats cheese ? Eek
I'm talking about the excellent, super responsive, RF/IR Wireless Air Mouse that the Core comes packaged with. I'm not sure how Hub and Play2 users are going to go navigating about various Android Tablet Apps like a Web Browser with just an D-Pad IR remote control.

In OpenElec I've never really found the need for a mouse - D-pad works fine. In Android I've yet to find a solution that works other than a track pad (mice work fine too - but are difficult to use on a sofa). I've got a Core with an Airmouse and even after tweaking the sensitivity I absolutely hate it as an input device. The problem with non-Android TV Android is that it is still engineered for touch primarily and air mice are still not a great touch pad or mouse replacement.

If you buy any non-Android TV Android box for TV use - plan on getting a wireless keyboard+trackpad controller (either something like a Logitech 400 or a Rii mini-keyboard+trackpad) Technically Air mice provide the functionality - until you throw one against the wall in frustration...

Personally I find the Wetek Core remote falls between two stools. No media navigation buttons (Play, Pause, Stop, FF, REW, Skip +/-, Record etc.) mean that within Kodi I often find myself wishing I had my RC6 MCE remote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - CabSat - Dubai - by noggin - 2016-03-18, 15:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11