• 8(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-03-16, 11:35)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 04:44)bigjess007 Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote: ...Now has anyone spotted the tiny Elephant in the room yet, one that eats cheese ? Eek
I'm talking about the excellent, super responsive, RF/IR Wireless Air Mouse that the Core comes packaged with. I'm not sure how Hub and Play2 users are going to go navigating about various Android Tablet Apps like a Web Browser with just an D-Pad IR remote control.

WeTek how do you plan to address this, what do you have up your sleeve ?

We didn't, but you did. Cool Excellent point on the remote wrxtasy. WeTek seems to be trying to market everything as all in one, one stop shop. So killer hardware plus sucky remote equals horrible user experience. Sure you can add your own remote on, but then if you want to remap keys, it's more work than it just working out of the box. And more cost.

Can the UI be changed to be more D-Pad friendly? Don't know, but may be possible. But more development work I would think.

Maybe, (hopefully) they offer to sell the great air mouse remote separately? Or rethink this angle completely? Like a pick which remote you want to buy type deal cause if you know you're going third party, you don't need the better remote. But if you want it to just work out of the box, get their remote designed to work with it.
I've made some enquires about this as I was a bit confused about the IR remotes that come with the WeTek Hub and the Play2.
The Tech specs list no Air Mouse but I have had confirmation that both the Hub and Play2 IR remotes have an Mouse/Mute dual function button that pops up the a Mouse cursor. No idea on the functionality.

Hi Master, Should i go for the core or wait for the hub? plz help me here
The mouse capabilities over IR are pretty basic, you use it only if you cannot reach something for the DPAD because it's not near to what you get with a RF remote, but I'd suggest anyway to use a keyboard with touchpad, no matter what because improves usability 1000 times.

edit: if anyone has ever tried opera for android tv, the mouse experience is comparable
So ive been reading the "pick the best kodi box" thread and had come to the conclusion that the wetek core was the best for me. My question is now that the wetek hub has been announced is there any reason to still get the core or should I jump to the new hub?

Besides the physical ports (usb s/pdif) the extra gig of ram and the air mouse remote is there anything the core can do that the new hub cant or will the hub do everything the core can do plus more? Thanks for any help/input on this.
Consider Hub if you care about full range 4K support, and it may be cheaper than Core. What Core has going for it is it's available now, and longer, user-base vetted firmware development behind it.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-15, 23:28)droidelec Wrote: Play 2 for sure will be Single tuner version, while we are working on Twin tuner version for Play 2S, including Twin DVB-S2 and Twin Hybrid C/T/T2.

One important info. We finished V4L video decoder for AMLogic SoC's and we started testing on AMLogic S905-H Revision C. Experience under OpenELEC will be much better especially for DVB.

Does it mean ,thet there will be two 2S versions,one with single tuners and second one with twin tuners,or all 2S versions will have twin tuners?
(2016-03-17, 13:14)netvlada Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 23:28)droidelec Wrote: Play 2 for sure will be Single tuner version, while we are working on Twin tuner version for Play 2S, including Twin DVB-S2 and Twin Hybrid C/T/T2.

One important info. We finished V4L video decoder for AMLogic SoC's and we started testing on AMLogic S905-H Revision C. Experience under OpenELEC will be much better especially for DVB.

Does it mean ,thet there will be two 2S versions,one with single tuners and second one with twin tuners,or all 2S versions will have twin tuners?

I read:
Play 2 = single tuner
Play 2S = dual tuner

I just wonder because of the "while we are working on". So seems not final...
Are there any (rough) release dates known for these new WeTek boxes?
End of April is our schedule, we already doing necessary certifications in different countries for different regulations.
(2016-03-17, 20:20)droidelec Wrote: End of April is our schedule, we already doing necessary certifications in different countries for different regulations.

are you considering to put in your products an usb3 port?
will the wetek hub be able with 2GB of ram?
(2016-03-10, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote:
WeTek Hub vs Core:

As already mentioned the Core has a S/PDIF Optical and A/V port that is missing from the Hub, one more usb2 port as well.

Now has anyone spotted the tiny Elephant in the room yet, one that eats cheese ? Eek
I'm talking about the excellent, super responsive, RF/IR Wireless Air Mouse that the Core comes packaged with. I'm not sure how Hub and Play2 users are going to go navigating about various Android Tablet Apps like a Web Browser with just an D-Pad IR remote control.

In OpenElec I've never really found the need for a mouse - D-pad works fine. In Android I've yet to find a solution that works other than a track pad (mice work fine too - but are difficult to use on a sofa). I've got a Core with an Airmouse and even after tweaking the sensitivity I absolutely hate it as an input device. The problem with non-Android TV Android is that it is still engineered for touch primarily and air mice are still not a great touch pad or mouse replacement.

If you buy any non-Android TV Android box for TV use - plan on getting a wireless keyboard+trackpad controller (either something like a Logitech 400 or a Rii mini-keyboard+trackpad) Technically Air mice provide the functionality - until you throw one against the wall in frustration...

Personally I find the Wetek Core remote falls between two stools. No media navigation buttons (Play, Pause, Stop, FF, REW, Skip +/-, Record etc.) mean that within Kodi I often find myself wishing I had my RC6 MCE remote.
@droidelec, will wetek play s2 have built in cardreader ?
Yes, it will have, as well mSATA slot for mSSD for PVR.
I have a question about the built in Microsoft PlayReady DRM technology. Does this employ Cinevia? If so, many of my Sony disks that I have ripped won't work.
PlayReady has nothing to do with Cinevia.
@droidelec, can you please answer my prev quiestion here?
thanks.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11