• 12(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Hey Ned can you or droidelec confirmed if the dates and prices are right from that site?
If they are, I will be 89€ lighter in two days... Smile
The bottom left & middle are the same in above pic.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-04, 15:05)hdmkv Wrote: The bottom left & middle are the same in above pic.

That happens if you search my manufacturer in the android/smart tv section (had to search here to get the dates as shown) on that site but if you just search wetek it shows only the 5 they are selling
Sorry, I don't know what the prices will be. Not my area ;)
Thought I'd register to comment. Because I'm cheap I think my comment is - expensive to me. The old model Play (Openelec) is 81.15 Euros at the moment, and was 64.90, with a (presumably single) DVB-S2 tuner, Its replacement is apparently 139. What exactly makes it worth 57.85 Euros more - what do you get apart from a better processor. Please enlighten me.

The Play S2 is apparently 117.85 more expensive, for 1GB/16GB more and an extra tuner, really ? Again I'm cheap, but still.....
For the kind of quality support you get w/WeTek, well worth it. I've tried a few cheap S905 boxes and they've all been lacking, with poor support.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-05, 00:17)arrbee99 Wrote: Thought I'd register to comment. Because I'm cheap I think my comment is - expensive to me. The old model Play (Openelec) is 81.15 Euros at the moment, and was 64.90, with a (presumably single) DVB-S2 tuner, Its replacement is apparently 139. What exactly makes it worth 57.85 Euros more - what do you get apart from a better processor. Please enlighten me.

The Play S2 is apparently 117.85 more expensive, for 1GB/16GB more and an extra tuner, really ? Again I'm cheap, but still.....

The orignal Play is.... slow.... it's going to be like night and day for people who need the performance boost. There's also 4K playback, HD audio, mSATA (can't remember if mSATA is Play 2S only or if it is in the Play 2 as well), HEVC, and some kind of card slot that I think is used for DVB-S2.
---
(2016-05-05, 13:37)Slugshot Wrote: S2 199€ ? Sorry,to expensive and without CA-slot not very useful...i pay just 100€ more and i can get
a triple dual-tuner 4k receiver box with stable software

What marks it is triple dual-tuner 4k receiver box with stable software - 299 € price?
----
(2016-05-05, 06:36)Ned Scott Wrote: mSATA (can't remember if mSATA is Play 2S only or if it is in the Play 2 as well)

Just the Play 2S from the datasheet

I think the main reason it's priced so high is the mSATA slot and the flashy remote
(2016-05-05, 15:35)std77 Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 13:37)Slugshot Wrote: S2 199€ ? Sorry,to expensive and without CA-slot not very useful...i pay just 100€ more and i can get
a triple dual-tuner 4k receiver box with stable software

What marks it is triple dual-tuner 4k receiver box with stable software - 299 € price?

I think it's a triple tuner (2xDVB-S2, 1xDVB-T2) not a Triple-Dual tuner (i.e. 6xDVB-S2)
Am sure those bits add up, but they add up to quite a lot, and I think a bit too much. But then I've never run a company and never had to price a product.

Anyhoo, is the DVB-S2 tuner definitely a Dual tuner, and is it the same (dual) tuner for the Play 2 and Play 2S. Maybe I can get away with a Play 2 seeing as it has the same processor as the 2S and most of what I would need / want.

Also does anyone know if does that network TV streaming thing so I could maybe use it with Emby / Kodi instead of a HDHomerun. Thanks.
Well it is the 6th of May, so let us see if the Hub pops up as predicted.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/wetek_hub_1...id_pc.html

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11