WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
I never knew what the membership was for with regards to the WeTek Play, but I do know WeTek are still providing support for it. I see regular updates and new features added.

WeTek are not Microsoft, you do not have to pay for product support or updates. I've never heard of WeTek asking anyone to pay for anything after a product is sold.

Three years for any ARM based product is a very long time, especially an AML one. The one redeeming feature is once a product achieves what I call "critical mass" community support like the RPi's and WeTek's own Core, and the recent S905 ODROID C2. You then get guys like OpenELEC and now LibreELEC teams providing Linux OS based Kodi solutions. Long term Kodi support then becomes pretty easy. Smile

AMLogic are testing Android Marshmallow on S905's at the moment and I've heard WeTek say they will support it if and when it becomes a polished enough OS for a mainstream public release.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - Play2 - Streamer - HUB - by wrxtasy - 2016-05-08, 07:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11