• 15(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-05-12, 09:52)faugusztin Wrote: The DVB-C option got me interested... until i realized this box has no CI slot for CA modules ? That makes it rather useless for (my) typical DVB-C use, as cable companies usually give you a Conax (or other decoder) card for you subscription. And pretty much every DVB-S provider in my country requires decoder cards too (usually Irdeto). Too bad.

Hey
I realized the same... Therefore I'll be keeping my sat receiver separated from the Kodi box and probably buy the Hub when it comes out...
Waiting for the 15th of May!
---
Today ist the 15th!
Server & 4 Clients

Heimkino: NVIDIA Shield
Dachboden: Arctic MC001 mit Openelec auf SD
Schlafzimmer: RPi2 mit Openelec
Wohnzimmer: Techsolo TC-2200 - Asrock Q1900DC-ITX mit Openelec auf SSD
Server: HP-MicroServer G8 mit DD Cine S2 V6.5+Flexmodul - Ubuntu 14.04/yaVDR headless
My HDMI port is ready!
(2016-05-15, 12:14)meikelmoeller Wrote: Today ist the 15th!

You don't really think they're working sundays? ....
Wink 
(2016-05-15, 12:42)lama0900 Wrote: You don't really think they're working sundays? ....

I think nothing, but 15th is 15th Big Grin
Server & 4 Clients

Heimkino: NVIDIA Shield
Dachboden: Arctic MC001 mit Openelec auf SD
Schlafzimmer: RPi2 mit Openelec
Wohnzimmer: Techsolo TC-2200 - Asrock Q1900DC-ITX mit Openelec auf SSD
Server: HP-MicroServer G8 mit DD Cine S2 V6.5+Flexmodul - Ubuntu 14.04/yaVDR headless
Does anyone know if the Play 2S or the more basic version (Play 2 / Play S ?) will be able to stream TV over a network like the HDHomerun does (they being the ones who won't come up with a Homerun DVB-S box) ?
(2016-05-16, 00:22)arrbee99 Wrote: Does anyone know if the Play 2S or the more basic version (Play 2 / Play S ?) will be able to stream TV over a network like the HDHomerun does (they being the ones who won't come up with a Homerun DVB-S box) ?

Yep, a Play, Play2, or Play 2S can all act as network tuners for other devices on the network. It's not as turn-key as an HDHomeRun, but the setup for most tuners is very well documented. At least for the DVB ones. (US is a challenge due to crazy EPG/schedule issues.)
Sounds promising. Will have to try grovelling to the folks at Emby to see if they can write something to use one of these natively, like they do for the Homerun.
Can anyone here confirm the play 2s has all the TV tuners in it? C/t/t2/s/s2?
Will the WETEK Hub support HDR10?
10-bit yes, HDR no I believe.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
They said on Facebook: "WeTek Hub is just around the corner..."

Can't wait more!!!
Come on Wetek!...I want to give you my money Smile
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11