• 18(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-05-24, 16:01)Draghmar Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 15:21)JoBcn Wrote: Price for Play2S is 199 eur (VAT included) at the same site. I hope it will be cheaper as 199 eur seems quite expensive for me:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/wetek_play2...id_pc.html
Quite expensive...But then again it should be treated like premium box from what I've seen about WeTeK. I hope it will be really worth its price because it's on top of my list 'Media Box to Buy' Wink

Same here! The Play2S really seems to have all I need with its 2GB of RAM and 16GB of eMMC. I'm still not sure though if I'm willing to pay more than double the price for +1GB of RAM and +8GB of eMMC compared to the HUB.
(2016-05-23, 18:55)jeks Wrote: https://xactcorporation.com/xacttv/product/wetek-hub/

Official Resseler from Canada.

Listed price: 132.17$ CAN

After conversion in Euro; 89.78 Euro
Bad link. I don't see anything but the Core and Streamer for sale on their site.
(2016-05-25, 18:02)Mr.X Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 18:55)jeks Wrote: https://xactcorporation.com/xacttv/product/wetek-hub/

Official Resseler from Canada.

Listed price: 132.17$ CAN

After conversion in Euro; 89.78 Euro
Bad link. I don't see anything but the Core and Streamer for sale on their site.

It was there a few days ago.. They must have pulled it, since it's not available yet Wink
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
(2016-03-11, 03:55)dWooluf Wrote: Looking at the Play 2S. Does this mean that some random deaf bastard (me) can plug a pair of headphones into the remote and listen that way while the rest of the family listens to the speakers?

(2016-03-11, 05:17)Ned Scott Wrote: I think only one audio device will work at a time. I've only seen the remote at the WeTek office and wasn't able to test it out myself, but other Android devices that have a similar thing (Fire TV, Shield) only use one at a time. That is, headphones or TV audio.

I hope they have figured out a way around this. I too would love the ability to have the headphones work at the same time as the HDMI audio.

Also, any thoughts as to whether the PLAY2S remote would work with the Core or Hub? I don't need a tuner, so the Core or Hub is fine, but I really like RF remotes and the headphone connection would be icing on the cake!
(2016-05-25, 18:31)Msan Wrote: It was there a few days ago.. They must have pulled it, since it's not available yet Wink
Funny, I emailed them on the weekend asking if they have stock. I never got a reply. I guess this is how they respond.

Has anyone ordered from them before? Not impressed with the lack of reply...
You better not buy one then OR you could be patient and just wait for a release date like the rest of the ravenous Kodi hordes ! Wink

Relying on Specs and prices from sources outside of WeTek HQ is just speculation and gossip. WeTek release products when they are fit for consumer consumption, and not some half baked, infested, bug ridden, Pirate Box from Asia.

Anyone seen/heard any rumours about the Hub remote, abd whether it will include an air mouse? Seems a bit limiyed otherwise, with no keyboard as well.
WeTeK's press infos states that only Play 2S will get air mouse in the package: https://issuu.com/wetek/docs/leaflet_online6
(2016-05-27, 09:47)Sando Wrote: Anyone seen/heard any rumours about the Hub remote, abd whether it will include an air mouse? Seems a bit limiyed otherwise, with no keyboard as well.

No airmouse on the basic remote for the Hub and the Play 2, but I think there are plans to offer the Play 2S remote (that has airmouse, keyboard, headphone jack), as an optional accessory.
(2016-05-27, 12:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 09:47)Sando Wrote: Anyone seen/heard any rumours about the Hub remote, abd whether it will include an air mouse? Seems a bit limiyed otherwise, with no keyboard as well.

No airmouse on the basic remote for the Hub and the Play 2, but I think there are plans to offer the Play 2S remote (that has airmouse, keyboard, headphone jack), as an optional accessory.

Let's hope so! That would be exactly what I'm looking for!
Tomorrow is 31 of May. We have never been so closed of the end of the month... Big Grin
Alas no. Some comments (in German) on Wetek's facebook page seem to suggest 10th June for the Hub and mid-June (15th is suggested) for the Play 2. Take with a mountain of salt, of course...
I'm tired of waiting news.. probably I will opt for other devices..
(2016-06-10, 15:08)medulin Wrote: I'm tired of waiting news.. probably I will opt for other devices..

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ailable/p4 no news on updates/release dates/prices
I can't update anyone yet, but I can tease you: The Play 2 is now even better than originally announced.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11