• 21(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-06-17, 16:19)droidelec Wrote: Afraid of what, please be more precise and open?

Hub and Play 2 (Play 2 is updated to 2GB RAM) are on the way, where price of Hub will be 89 EUR and Play 2 109 EUR including Tuner.
It's weird in my opinion that you delay your product for so long (mind you there was already some delay) with 'product quality' as an excuse. I mean this kind of excuse can mean that there are some other factors because there often are. Could be not enough CPUs or some other parts. Maybe there wasn't enough assemble power in specific time. Or maybe there was some license or contract issues.
I've seen things like this too many times hence my opinion.
It's not like I know something from behind the curtain...it's more based on my experience. Tongue
No Draghmar, but just remember that issue with S905 and DVB on some 4K channels and pixelation was discovered actually by us, and later it was fixed with S905 Revision C of that SoC.

Play 2S for sure will be top of our gamma, and will have some fancy things Smile
(2016-06-17, 17:55)droidelec Wrote: Play 2S for sure will be top of our gamma, and will have some fancy things Smile
And I really wish that for all of us. Smile

If only I could be so patient to wait so long...
Just release the thing already wetek been waiting for like a month Tongue

I have a question regarding wetek & netflix. Do wetek devices play netflix movies in 5.1 surround or 2.1?
I have a 5.1 speaker system so 5.1 netflix would be great.

ty!
How about netflix resolution ? Can it support 1080p at least or only a sad 480p like minix ?
(2016-06-17, 18:04)Draghmar Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 17:55)droidelec Wrote: Play 2S for sure will be top of our gamma, and will have some fancy things Smile
And I really wish that for all of us. Smile

If only I could be so patient to wait so long...

(2016-06-17, 18:44)robboman93 Wrote: Just release the thing already wetek been waiting for like a month Tongue

I have a question regarding wetek & netflix. Do wetek devices play netflix movies in 5.1 surround or 2.1?
I have a 5.1 speaker system so 5.1 netflix would be great.

ty!
Assuming the hub is the same as the core then it will be 1080p, but only stereo sound.
Quote:Assuming the hub is the same as the core then it will be 1080p, but only stereo sound.

With the official play store netflix app or with something hacked ? Stereo sound is fine for me, but i want at least 1080p.

Is HDR supported for hevc 10bit ?

Sorry for the questions, i'm just trying to decide between this box or a shield (not interested in gaming but i want full 10bit hevc support)
Netflix will be 1080P with the normal app from Google Play.

I don't really know about HDR stuff, sorry.
Ok. Now that the Hub is available for pre-order on WETEK can any of the beta testers/devs please post info on how the Hub runs Kodi compared to the Core and any limitations, if any?

Can I presume the UI is more snappy/faster? (eMMC faster than NAND). Is the eMMC storage user replaceable to 16GB or more?
(2016-06-18, 02:14)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't really know about HDR stuff, sorry.

Don't worry - you're not alone Wink

Everyone seems to want HDR compatibility without actually knowing what it means (i.e. future proofing)

I think we can probably suggest that the Wetek stuff won't support Dolby Vision HDR - as that would presumably require Dolby Vision 'magic dust' to be baked into the device (I think Dolby Vision needs every link in the chain to be DV aware?)

As for the other two HDR formats knocking around :

HLG could be supported (and is probably relevant for DVB broadcasts as it looks likely to be the broadcast HDR flavour) IF the entire chain is properly 10 bit compatible (including HDMI output of 10 bit video at 2160/50p or 59.94p for UHD HDR content - which is likely to be the main source, other than possibly 1080/50p stuff on DVB-T2 in Germany?) I don't know if HLG requires HDMI signalling though.

HDR-10 I'm less clear about the requirements for.
@noggin

Only AMLogic S912 will support Dolby Vision. S905X and S905D support HDR 10 & HLG, while S912 support Dolby Vision, HDR 10 & HLG.
Just a thought - maybe WeTeK could do some bonus for the people who would buy Hub right now and upgrade to Play2/2S later? For example some discount would be really nice. Maybe you know who should I poke to deliver this suggestion? Tongue
(2016-06-18, 13:57)droidelec Wrote: @noggin

Only AMLogic S912 will support Dolby Vision. S905X and S905D support HDR 10 & HLG, while S912 support Dolby Vision, HDR 10 & HLG.
This is not a slight on WeTek. But an observation with AMLogic products in general.
Even though saying these SoC's "support" all the above features, getting anything Software, especially Kodi to actually use these new features is a whole different kettle of fish.

As an example, AML S905's, decodes 2160p 10bit HEVC just fine but still outputs 8bit color due to a lack of Software support.

Will all the tuner options just be twin tuners like 2xDVB-S2 or 2xDVB-C/T/T2 or combo with 1xDVB-S2 and 1xDVB-C/T/T2
@wrxtasy

Yes, thats true.

In Android 6.0 for S905/S905X/S905D AMLogic done wonderful job, it support audio HAl 61937 pack now.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11