WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-06-19, 12:47)wrxtasy Wrote: As a WeTek hardware Beta tester and OE / LE dev. I have been testing a Hub dev. board, so can make a direct comparison:

eMMC Storage is not upgradeable on either device.

Hub (S905) vs Core(S812):
  • Faster eMMC storage results in a bit faster booting up, slightly snappier performance in Android Kodi. OpenELEC speeds are similar.
  • 3D GPU performance if playing games is Superior on the Core. See the CNX chart.
  • I don't have the included retail IR remote for the Hub yet (arriving tomorrow) Smile, but it will be inferior I expect due to being IR as opposed to RF Wireless on the Core. I really like the super responsive remote on the Core with its accurate Air Mouse function.
  • Dual Band AC WiFi on the Hub vs Dual Band BGN on the Core.
  • HDMI 2.0 vs HDMI 1.4 on the Core, means the Hub is not limited to 2160p30Hz video output.
  • 10bit HEVC decoding vs 8bit on the Core.
  • 1 USB port vs 2 USB 2.0 ports
I expect 7.1 True HD and DTS-MA HD Audio Passthrough to be easily implementable on the S905 Hub when running OpenELEC or LibreELEC as I know what is required from ODROID C2 (S905) development.
Clued up Kodi users would have seen that one coming... Wink

I would really like to see WeTek include a few more extra cost - Remote control / keyboard options for Hub purchasers.

Thanks for your post!

I assume the WETEK Media Player app (modified Kodi) will support MCH PCM audio, like the core? Or will that require a post release firmware fix or Android 6.0 update?

As you know from the Odroid C2 thread I'm chasing a low cost device that supports MCH audio (FLAC and HD codec passthough). I have a Core already. It looks like there's no compelling reason to move to the Hub (yet).

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - Play2 - Streamer - HUB - by HomerJau - 2016-06-20, 00:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11