• 30(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
I think new amlogic chip which will be then available :-)
(2016-08-17, 16:43)nayef Wrote: WeTek Play2S additions:
mSATA connector for internal SSD
6-Axis IR/RF Remote control, with Keyboard, Microphone and Headphone jack. IR Learning remote function.
Smart Card reader.

Other differences?

+ s912 SoC.
+ CI Slot (include CIPlus) so very important.

Sincerelly...
Price and release date for Play2s please? (Even approximate)

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-08-17, 13:59)droidelec Wrote: No, you can't, as WeTek Play 2 is single tuner device.

So the Play 2S is a swapable twin tuner device and the Play 2 is a swapable single tuner device (swapable between DVB-S T etc modules).

You've gone to the trouble of designing and manufacturing separate single and dual DVB-S tuners for different devices but customers aren't allowed to mix and match. I guess that makes sense from a business perspective (and I've never run a business so I presume its a good idea somehow), but I really can't see it myself.
Hey everybody! I have this scenario I'm seeking advice on. I'm doing a full rehab on a home I just bought, and I'm looking to have a roomate in a seperate living area of the home. I'm including internet/cable/utilities as part of the rent as an all in one price. To help myself cut costs, I'm searching for an ideal TV box for my living area and a 2nd box for the renter's living area. I don't need the 2nd TV box to be as nice or powerful as mine, but what would be a good couple of choices. Neither of us are gamers, so like a NVIDIA Shield would be more than what we need. We mainly need our sports television, regular cable channels, news, etc. Movies are okay, but its the IPTV service I'm most interested in.

Boxes already considering:

For myself:
Wetek Play2, Nexbox A1 (S912), Himedia Q10 Pro, Minix Neo U1, Voyo V2, etc.

For the renter:
Wetek Hub, Amazon Fire TV 2, Nexbox A5 (S905X), MXIII-G, Roku 4, etc.

Sorry for the novel, any input & suggestions will be appreciated.
Check which players in your list provide ongoing OS upgrades so you can keep up-to-date with Kodi releases.

If it's a cheap throwaway box this may not be important to you.

Kodi Krypton will require at least Android 5.x.x Lollipop
(2016-08-18, 00:55)Titans84 Wrote: .. We mainly need our sports television, regular cable channels, news, etc. Movies are okay, but its the IPTV service I'm most interested in...
No sure if this would meet your needs, but this IPTV Android App for WeTek Hub / Core / Play2 devices seems to work well:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ptv-ott/p1

Otherwise Kodi Apps like the TvHeadend server running on various Linux / LibreELEC platforms can also do IPTV. For anything Amazon FireTV related you may find something on AFTV News Of course you need Kodi Hardware that gives you quality deinterlacing for TV viewing.

If you want a flexible, reliable device, you really need Software Support particularly for Android, and its going to cost $.
Cheap and Cutting edge will be very buggy, particularly for throwaway Android devices.

I should know more about the Play2 - Hardware & Software and DVB-T & IPTV integration at least, when I get to bug-bust a test box pretty soon. Wink

(2016-08-16, 12:35)droidelec Wrote: It will be available for pre-order on Thursday.

Today is Thursday and I can not see anything in the wetek page.
Where is the pre-order page and final specs?
Thursday in this timezone will continue for almost ten more hours. Wink
But yeah, it would be great if they would start already. Tongue
@Jeffers24 and @wrxtasy (Subaru WRX fan? lol) great stuff guys, lots to consider. It seems like Wetek has a great support system, and that they upgrade their products frequently. I'm considering that company the most. The Play2 sounds great. And if software support costs money, that's okay. I'm sure it's no where near as expensive as my $135/month Direct Tv bill. What a waste of $$$!
So you guys seem to know your stuff, may I ask what brand/model of TV boxes are you guys using?

As far as a fresh clean build for Kodi, I've seen some new ones on YouTube like "Alpha", and "The Beast", Are any of those a good start, or would you recommend a better one? Once I choose a box, it will be my first ever run and experience with Kodi fyi.

Thanks.

P.s. @JoBcn I did notice on Wetek's facebook page that today is the day for pre sale orders on the Play2, its 7:15am my time in the States, maybe it's still too early, and maybe they haven't set it up yet. Leave a comment on their FB post, they reply to some people.
(2016-08-18, 00:55)Titans84 Wrote: Hey everybody! I have this scenario I'm seeking advice on. I'm doing a full rehab on a home I just bought, and I'm looking to have a roomate in a seperate living area of the home. I'm including internet/cable/utilities as part of the rent as an all in one price. To help myself cut costs, I'm searching for an ideal TV box for my living area and a 2nd box for the renter's living area. I don't need the 2nd TV box to be as nice or powerful as mine, but what would be a good couple of choices. Neither of us are gamers, so like a NVIDIA Shield would be more than what we need. We mainly need our sports television, regular cable channels, news, etc. Movies are okay, but its the IPTV service I'm most interested in.

Boxes already considering:

For myself:
Wetek Play2, Nexbox A1 (S912), Himedia Q10 Pro, Minix Neo U1, Voyo V2, etc.

For the renter:
Wetek Hub, Amazon Fire TV 2, Nexbox A5 (S905X), MXIII-G, Roku 4, etc.

Sorry for the novel, any input & suggestions will be appreciated.

Unless your have separate hardware afaik only the wetek is going to be able to act as a TV server for cable TV. Android can't do it.
Minix X8h plus, my concern with this box is I may end up stuck on Android 4.x.x and I have only had it 18 months, so I may miss out on updating it with Kodi Krypton. Minix are looking at the possibility of upgrading the OS on this box to 5.x.x, Wetek are reported as updating some of their boxes to Android 6.x.x.

Beelink MiniMXlll Android 5.x.x, no problems at all so far. Deleted the Kodi it came with and added my own build.

Can't comment on the builds you list or other builds, as they normally contain banned addons.
@ianuk2005, "Separate hardware afaik?" Do you mean like having two separate TV boxes?
(2016-08-18, 14:18)Titans84 Wrote: P.s. @JoBcn I did notice on Wetek's facebook page that today is the day for pre sale orders on the Play2, its 7:15am my time in the States, maybe it's still too early, and maybe they haven't set it up yet. Leave a comment on their FB post, they reply to some people.

I already sent a question 4 hours ago without answer until now.

In Slovenia it is now 15:00

I can not see any pre-order page yet, perhaps later... or tomorrow... or...
Maybe they have some technical problems? Everything is possible. I had power loss few days ago that made my dev DB in error state and it cost me some unexpected time to get it working again. Tongue
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11