• 31(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Yea I did see a new Beelink GT1 (S912) box on Gearbest.com. its in pre sale mode like the Nexbox A1. You'd think every box that's coming out in Q3 this year would come with Android 6.0.
Oh okay, yea I don't want any banned stuff. Just a clean build with Kodi approved add on's.
Wetek offers a 8GB SD card as an accessory bon their website for additional storage. If I wanted more storage than that like a 32GB or more SD card, that shouldn't be a problem right? I believe the Play2 only comes with 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM. One may need more than that. The Play2S will double the memory and storage of the Play2. But supposedly that Play2S wont be out till early next year.

http://androidtvbox.eu/wetek-play-2s-new...evision-c/
They said that Play2 will get spec upgrade:
https://wetek.com/blog/view/60/wetek-hub...-pre-order
nVIDIA Shield owners would already be familiar with Adoptable Storage in Android Marshmallow 6.0

When WeTek's S905 devices get a Marshmallow update, they should also be able to use this feature to boost internal storage if I understand it correctly.
Adoptable storage in Android 6.0: What it is, how it works

This feature looks like they just add external card as a internal drive. EXT4 and AES would make it unusable outside of phone so you loose something in exchange.
Wetek, Wetek...
These guys were producing Azbox SAT receivers, right?
(2016-08-18, 15:06)Draghmar Wrote: They said that Play2 will get spec upgrade:
https://wetek.com/blog/view/60/wetek-hub...-pre-order

Play 2 got 2 GB DDR III RAM upgrade.
Didn't hear about Azbox before but quick look into internet says that is from Czechia and WeTeK is from Slovenia.
(2016-08-18, 15:18)Draghmar Wrote: This feature looks like they just add external card as a internal drive. EXT4 and AES would make it unusable outside of phone so you loose something in exchange.

When I got Android 6 on my phone tried out the use memory card as internal storage, I switched back to using memory card as external storage as I could not access it with ESFile Explorer, also cannot take the card out and use it on my laptop.

Even using my memory card as external Android 6 seemed to add some restrictions that weren't there before, so Android 6 for me made using my memory card worse than Android 5 whichever way I configured it.
(2016-08-18, 15:32)Jeffers24 Wrote: When I got Android 6 on my phone tried out the use memory card as internal storage, I switched back to using memory card as external storage as I could not access it with ESFile Explorer, also cannot take the card out and use it on my laptop.

Even using my memory card as external Android 6 seemed to add some restrictions that weren't there before, so Android 6 for me made using my memory card worse than Android 5 whichever way I configured it.
Windows doesn't have native support for ext4 file system and even with some apps it's only read-only and often buggy. Sad But it's weird that even on your phone there was no access for local apps. Maybe apps had to do some update?

What are those additional problem you've mentioned?
WeTek Play 2 available for pre-order at WeTek Webshop.
(2016-08-17, 09:30)arrbee99 Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 08:46)Draghmar Wrote: And remember that dual tuners will mean higher price and not all like to pay more for something they don't need. They did good decision here: hub - all people that needs high-end media box, Play2 - same as previous but with addition of using TV somehow, Play2S - for those who need record something while watching other stuff and want to pay for that. Smile

Part of my point - in my case I would like dual tuners but don't particularly want to pay for stuff I don't need, like remotes with keyboards. Though again would say that if the original Play with dual tuners could bought for 109Euros, then the Play 2 should also be available with dual tuners for about the same price.

So a bit more mix n' match would be nice.
I think i paid 130€ for my play back in the day.
So 109€ is cheaper
@droidelec, ordered one :-) so 6 or 7 september I can expect delivery?
Pre ordered my play 2 been waiting a while for it now. I can finally get rid of my zidoo x6 pro and my free view box and replace it with a single box. Just got to wait for it to be delivered now !
(2016-08-18, 14:42)Titans84 Wrote: @ianuk2005, "Separate hardware afaik?" Do you mean like having two separate TV boxes?

Yeah you need the tuner hardware and a backend to receive the DVB broadcasts so you can play them in kodi.

The backends only run on linux/openelec/windows. Plus I think only the wetek has the built in tuner card out of the boxes you listed.

I think theres the odd chinese android box with built in tuner hardware and a custom android apk for tuning but nothing that will make it run inside kodi.

Alternatively you can run the backend on a seperate box e.g. a raspberry pi + usb tuner + linux. Then you can receive it inside kodi on any device/os on the same network.
Their Facebook page says the pre order is available now. You just have to figure out which product type you want i.e. DVB-S2 or ATSC Tuner. Think I need ATSC since I'm in the States.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11