This weekend our forum will be unavailable for a few hours due to maintenance.

WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-08-21, 10:37)noggin Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 02:30)komplex Wrote: @noggin http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2395594 is this what you're after

So there are now three different arrangements across the Play / Play 2 / Play 2S line :

Play has 2 x DVB-S/S2 or 1 x DVB-T/T2/C combo (or 1xATSC)
Play 2 has 1 x DVB-S/S2 or 1 x DVB-T/T2/C combo. (And unlike the Play doesn't have 2 x DVB-S/S2 on a single module)
Play 2S as 2 x DVB-S/S2 or 2 x DVB-T/T2/C combo. (But no option for 1 x DVB-S/S2 and 1 x DVB-T/T2/C as the tuners are dual-tuners on a single module, with just one module slot)

So this mean either three different tuner modules across the line-up (though I guess the Play and Play 2S could share a DVB-S/S2 design as both have 2 x DVB-S/S2) or integrated tuners? I'd hoped the Play 2 would offer the same DVB-S/S2 functionality as the Play - but it appears that it is reduced. I'd also hoped that the Play 2S would offer improved DVB-S/S2 functionality over the original Play, but it appears they are the same.

Play 2 have completely rewritten DVB middleware under Android which is now called WeTV. As well it comes with web interface and users will be able to stream channel tuned at Play 2 directly over web interface or by copy/paste URL in VLC on PC or mobile devices.

Automatic download and update of Satellite and TP data, Picons, Channel lists etc.

Play 2 is equipped with gigabit ethernet which is enough to stream 4K DVB channels to other devices, of course those devices should support HW decoding of H265 and 4K.

In theory you can install Play 2 in basement and setup it and stream accross home network to WeTek Hub etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - Play2 - Streamer - HUB - by droidelec - 2016-08-21, 21:46

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.