WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-08-21, 21:06)medulin Wrote: Hi all, I have some questions abuot Wetek Play 2.
1- in the specs I see: USB 2.0: 2 External, 2 Internal. Are the 2 internal usb ports accessible? can I use them ?
2- in the pre-order I can add a 8GB microSD (9,90€): there is something on this microSD (such us opelenec) or is it empty?
3- in the specs I see: Bluetooth: 4.0. Can I use it to connect bluetooth keybord or ps3 controller? I would buy a Logitech k400 and I would know if I must use its receiver or the internal bt on play2.

thanks

1. Maybe. At least one internal USB port will be used by the remote receiver. If you want to use another RF remote with its own USB dongle, you could replace the original WeTek one. Or if you don't need the RF remote, you could just take it out and use the USB port for something else. The other internal USB port might have a little authentication module in it like the original Play did, and if so, that cannot be removed. I'm not sure if it does have/need that, though.

2. I think it's just the card. At the moment LibreELEC/OpenELEC and other third party OSes are still being worked on, so I don't know if they would be far enough along to be stable and include on pre-ordered cards. Thankfully, LibreELEC now has an easy cross platform tool for preparing mSD cards, so it shouldn't be an issue.

3. Bluetooth keyboards will work under both Android and LibreELEC. A PS3 controller needs special pairing steps, but it will work too when the right app is installed under Android. I haven't looked yet to see what LibreELEC's support for PS3 controllers look like, but I suspect it is possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - Play2 - Streamer - HUB - by Ned Scott - 2016-08-22, 02:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11