• 36(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
hi all, I would know if there is (or there will be) a thread dedicated to Wetek Play2, since there is one dedicated to the Hub. thanks ;-)
I think when someone gets their box there will be reason to start new thread. But then again why not do it right now? Tongue
So we can keep all the essential info in a Product review thread in Posts #1 and Posts #2 to make it easier to find a whole bunch essential stuff.
A thread like you saw for the Core and the Hub.

I have just received infos from my chinese friends, thet S905D and S 912 can have dual S2 tuners together with T2 and C tuners and CI plus standard.
When they finish the first sample with S905D ,will send it to me.
It means thet we need to wait for wetek play2S.
For those interested in DVB part under Android:

WeTV Play 2
Thanks. I will install a satellite antenna soon to see it when my Ply2 arrives but 90% of the channels are not free.
Are you thinking in an app to see IPTV/OTT like weCloud for the Play2? It would be more interesting than satelllite or at least a nice add. I know I can do it within Kodi, but a separate add like We Cloud Antenna would be great.
(2016-08-27, 01:48)droidelec Wrote: For those interested in DVB part under Android:

WeTV Play 2

Thanks Droidelec, is it possible to do a complete video of WeTV from start to finish i.e. from a fresh setup? I'd like to see the process of scanning for channels, how the epg is obtained and how far ahead it will go, adding channel icons etc, setting up the boutiques (if not automatic), channel change speed etc. I'm holding out for the Play 2s but the purchase hinges on how good the TV side really is.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. Things are looking promising.
Sure, here it is:

WeTek Play 2 - Welcome Wizard & WeTV DVB Player Setup
Thanks. Pretty much answered most of my questions. The only thing missing was the EPG. I need to know how it gets the listings and how far ahead they go. One other thing I've just thought of: recording. Can you series link so it records every episode of a season etc or is that not implemented yet. To be a contender in the TV market it's gonna need these basic features but so far so good.
How is live tv in kodi for anyone who has one? With the core, on android, there were annoying skips when playing live tv from my tvheadend server.
Looking at this to replace my (very large) custom built PC...would put openelec on it and connect 2 5T USB hard drives with my movies on.

Any reviews yet? I've googled, but can only find reviews for original Play.

Sent from my SM-G903F
I will post a review up tomorrow for the Play2 - mainly concentrating on the WeTek - WeTV App and improvements occurring within LibreELEC for AML. As well as the TvHeadend server/client for LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis.
It will be in Post #1

OpenELEC is on life support, if not dead. Virtually all the OE developers have jumped ship, and are now working on LibreELEC Smile

The very similar S905 specced Hub has a review up that at least will give you some idea of what the Play2 is capable of on the Android Lollipop side of the equation, minus the Play2's TV Tuner of course:
https://www.avforums.com/review/wetek-hu...view.12888

(2016-09-10, 17:06)wrxtasy Wrote: I will post a review up tomorrow for the Play2 - mainly concentrating on the WeTek - WeTV App and improvements occurring within LibreELEC for AML.
It will be in Post #1

OpenELEC is on life support, if not dead. Virtually all the OE developers have jumped ship, and are now working on LibreELEC Smile

The very similar S905 specced Hub has a review up that at least will give you some idea of what the Play2 is capable of on the Android Lollipop side of the equation, minus the Play2's TV Tuner of course:
https://www.avforums.com/review/wetek-hu...view.12888
Thanks...sorry was a typo, I meant LibreELEC!! Wink Wink

Sent from my SM-G903F
I just watched a video on YouTube that showed the Play 2 as dual DVB-S2 but everything I've read suggests single tuner. Can you confirm whether it's single or dual? Also, in your review I'd be particularly interested in how it gets the epg listings, how they are displayed and how far ahead they go i.e. Now and Next, 7 day etc.

Thanks in advance.
The first Play was a twin tuner (might have been in the video you watched) the Play2 is a single tuner and the Play2s which comes out sometime next year is said to be a twin tuner
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11