WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-09-15, 14:47)yarg Wrote: I see that the 2 threads have been split and that my question went off to the other one, so am posting it here as well in case this is the "correct" thread to ask it....
-------------------------------------
We tried to merge and be playmates us Play2 fellas but could not share a common Sandpit it seems, and then there was a squabble over the toys ! Wink
Anyway, back to the questions.

If you are streaming 4K video then yes 2GB of RAM makes a tiny difference, because during my testing with LibreELEC you could set a nice large Video Cache for the Play2, but had to knock that cache size back for the 1GB Hub or it would crash as it ran out of free RAM. Really no performance diff. 1080p video no issues.

Be aware also the Play 2 has a nicer remote control than the basic one used by the Hub. They both have slow, rubbish IR D-Pad Air Mouse implementations - which make it a PITA to use regular Playstore Android Apps, just like all regular Android Boxes it seems. Perversely MINIX's NEO A2 Lite - RF / Keyboard combo - Air Mouse remote control works well.
You will need to budget for a RF Air Mouse Remote control or just Sideload tweaked Android TV OS Apps which have no Air Mouse issues. (See WeTek's - Core thread on their forums).

Post #1 of this thread has more info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by wrxtasy - 2016-09-15, 15:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11