WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Thx. for that CT. Smile

hdmkv, is using an old version of WMP - 16.1-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v3, pls post a download link for v5.

The other Tip is when you are in a Channel "What On Now and Next" list - click Left and Right to flick to other "What On Now and Next" Channel lists.

(2016-09-18, 23:58)hdmkv Wrote: What I want more out of WeTek's remote and even media boxes' UI overall are better labeled buttons or icons, and detailed manuals (like that for WeTV, and easier to find on WeTek's site). I can appreciate WeTek's stance on simplicity, but when I'm (and I bet most users are) looking at buttons or icons, if we can't figure out what does what fairly quickly or easily, it's a little frustrating. Minimalism can be nice, but has to be balanced with intuitive or explained enough.
I cannot agree more with this statement, its especially imperative if you are implementing complex PVR functionality in a media player to make it as easy as possible. I'm confused and frustrated, straight out of the gate with this WeTV App and I'm an experienced Kodi user.

CT > Can we please have the Big Red remote button remapped to simply access the Recordings archive ?
Same with the Big Green Button - this should be a quick EPG pullup button (Channel EPG at the moment till Grid Style EPG implemented)

There are too many button pressings required to activate simple functions.
The simple EPG recordings function, you have shown above needs at least 6 remote button pressings to record a program, I've just counted !
I would not call the button pressings required intuitive.

A very nice function some time down the track would be to implement a feature so users can Remap this remote to their own liking, like Kodi's Keymap Editor Addon.

I'm sure there will be improvements to the WeTV App coming down the pipe from WeTek (there already have been some). Improvements and simplification for every day commonly used Functions should be given priority.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by wrxtasy - 2016-09-19, 09:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11