• 41(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
The recording storages are detected each time you are entering the "recording storage" menu entry, it shows in real time what is mounted and what not.
If you set a usb drive and then you remove it, when a recording starts it will fall back to the internal storage (prior to a recording there is a check if the mount point is writable, otherwise uses the fallback).

For the EPG, do you get EPG data in the info bar? If you have it there you will also have it in the channel list and in the epg list
HD audio is now working for me with WeTek Media Player v5, including ATMOS and X. But, front-left channel is missing with all audio formats. No sound. Is this what the modified boot.img is supposed to fix? A non-issue; HD audio is working perfectly (was an issue w/my set-up; now resolved)

With regard to WeTV:
  • I'm now seeing and able to use a connected USB HDD (a WD My Passport USB 3.0 2TB) for recording storage. For some reason, the previous drive I tried (a Samsung S2 Portable USB 2.0 640GB) wouldn't show up.
  • For EPG, yes I get program data in the info bar. You mean this right?
  • In the channel list, as I mentioned before, when I select an upcoming show to record (schedule), WeTV crashes. Here's a video of this issue.
  • I'm getting occasional, but slight, lip synch error (audio behind video) with 1080i channels. But, if I quit out and re-open WeTV, then it's fine. Or, if channel up and back down, it resolves itself. All recordings are fine; no lip synch errors.

I'm also trying to mount one of my Synology shared folders using the Net Mounter app and not succeeding. Mine is a p/w protected share, and I'm probably doing something wrong. Please see this and this. Advice?

On a separate note, timed boot-up duration to UI after pressing power on remote. It's about 22-23 seconds, so pretty quick.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv, download the latest WMP v5 .apk as well from HERE

If in doubt with weird stuff happening in any Android App, I always long press the middle remote button and clear the Apps Cache's and restart.

In general 2.5" USB 3.0 drives are more power efficient when directly connected to (USB power out challenged) ARM devices, likely a power issue with the USB2.0 Samsung one.

Can you post a logcat while scheduling a record please?
A bit off topic but is anyone else in the UK experiencing lip sync issues on live Tv dvb-t. In particular the HD channels using aac audio.
@wrxtasy, meant to say WMP v5, not v3 (corrected above). With v5, audio is all good, except for the missing front-left channel.

(2016-09-19, 18:31)ChristianTroy Wrote: Can you post a logcat while scheduling a record please?
How to do this? Thanks.
My Family Room Theater
Wake on lan yet?
Just bought a Play 1 with twin dvb-s2 for testing until the 2s is released. I assume it'll be easy enough to wipe off Android and reinstall with LibreElec if I want to??
WeTek Play1 help forum HERE

no WOL yet

@hdmkv
easier way is just opening a telnet console, clearing the logcat buffer first with
Code:
logcat -c
followed by
Code:
logcat -v time | tee /sdcard/logcat.txt
Now reproduce the issue, go back to telnet, press ctrl+c to stop the logging, retrieve logcat.txt by ftp from /sdcard and paste it to pastebin

Thanks Wink
I wish we had paste built into WeTek Android for troubleshooting,
On LibreELEC we just do:
Code:
cat dmesg | paste
And bam http:// link for pastebin pops out ready for reposting Smile

(2016-09-19, 21:25)C-Quel Wrote: Wake on lan yet?

Technically speaking, I don't think it sleeps yet, so that would need to come first :)
Anyone using the Play2 with a Sonos Playbar? Do DVB-S streams output 5.1 Dolby Digital sound that the ploaybar can understand and play?
Just a quick update that HD audio passthru is working perfectly for me. Front-left channel missing was a connection issue uncovered with my AVR, now resolved.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-21, 09:50)Cantello Wrote: Anyone using the Play2 with a Sonos Playbar? Do DVB-S streams output 5.1 Dolby Digital sound that the ploaybar can understand and play?

You'll only get 5.1 on HD streams. I have a Sonos and it's linked to my TV. On a HD channel the additional Play 1's do kick in to create (in my case) a 3.1 surround so if you've got a front set as well you can create a 5.0 surround or 5.1 if you have the extra sub.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11