• 42(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-09-21, 19:12)Sjharris Wrote:
(2016-09-21, 09:50)Cantello Wrote: Anyone using the Play2 with a Sonos Playbar? Do DVB-S streams output 5.1 Dolby Digital sound that the ploaybar can understand and play?

You'll only get 5.1 on HD streams. I have a Sonos and it's linked to my TV. On a HD channel the additional Play 1's do kick in to create (in my case) a 3.1 surround so if you've got a front set as well you can create a 5.0 surround or 5.1 if you have the extra sub.
Depends on what u have if u only have the playbar ull get 2.0 u need play 1s and a sub to get 5.1 and some channels only use 2.0

yes that's right
Hi All,

Dunno if I should try posting this elsewhere, but thought I may try here. Ive installed libreelec onto my wetek play 2. Trying to setup the tvheadend service, but after I setup a network, and set my tuner to it, after clicking on "Force Scan" it doesnt seem to scan through the muxes. No error comes up and I can't seem to see anything in the logs, they show on the bottom of the webpage. Anyone have any idea's what I should be looking into?

*it's DVB-S and works in android via WeTV.

Thanks
(2016-09-24, 21:28)Dravokivich Wrote: Hi All,

Dunno if I should try posting this elsewhere, but thought I may try here. Ive installed libreelec onto my wetek play 2. Trying to setup the tvheadend service, but after I setup a network, and set my tuner to it, after clicking on "Force Scan" it doesnt seem to scan through the muxes. No error comes up and I can't seem to see anything in the logs, they show on the bottom of the webpage. Anyone have any idea's what I should be looking into?

*it's DVB-S and works in android via WeTV.

Thanks

Try this link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270385

It helped me setup on a Play 1 earlier today.
I've just received my new Play 2 and i have 2 BIG problems:

1) The box doesn't see the external USB 2.0 drive that works properly attached to another box( and also to the PC)

2) The installed Kodi is 17.something that DOESN'T works as 16.1 did with the backup of my library: and this is a real PITA for me

Any suggestions? I'm ready to return the box...

Thanks in advance
1) Can you post here what kind/brand of USB HDD you are using? Is it 2.5" or 3.5", self-powered or with external power? What FS it is?

2) You can always download Kodi 17.0 Beta 3 from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk and install it. As well Kodi v17 now have Confluence skin so you can download and use it directly from Kodi. Also WeTek Play 2 comes with WeTek Media Player which is basically Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
1) USB 2.5" Hard Drives usually cannot get enough power to run reliably, if at all from any ARM based Kodi device. This is exactly the same issue as you would find on the ARM based RPi's and any other AMLogic Kodi box. PC's can supply enough USB power. Basically HDD's will need to be self powered from a USB Hub or power brick for reliability. Some modern, power efficient USB 3.0 2.5" HDD's will work out of the box.

2) If you are using Kodi 17.0, which is actually not even a stable release and in Beta, then of course you are going to have ongoing issues.
Frankly - what did you expect, a miracle ?

As droidelec said, use WeTek's stable Kodi Jarvis 16.1 version - called WeTek (Jarvis) Media Player.

(2016-09-26, 16:32)wrxtasy Wrote: 1) USB 2.5" Hard Drives usually cannot get enough power to run reliably, if at all from any ARM based Kodi device. This is exactly the same issue as you would find on the ARM based RPi's and any other AMLogic Kodi box. PC's can supply enough USB power. Basically HDD's will need to be self powered from a USB Hub or power brick for reliability. Some modern, power efficient USB 3.0 2.5" HDD's will work out of the box.

In my experience, if you use the Pi Foundation's official PSUs you are fine with almost all recent bus-powered 2.5" USB HDDs on a Pi or Pi2 (if you do the config.txt to allow more current) and on a Pi3 (where I think there is no need for the config.txt tweak because the USB power is always at a higher level because they ran out of GPOs to switch it when they added the BT/WiFi :-) )

A hub is always a good idea - and definitely a must for more than one drive. WD make low power USB powered HDDs specifically aimed at the Pi (1TB and 320GB options) which work fine that way
This is just to thanks you all for your tips and advice.
At the end the USB drive worked with the powered hub as suggested, but globally i've directly checked that this kind of box is not the right solution for my family where a very simple and user friendly gear is required.
Since I already manage Kodi from HTPC in a simplest way I wait and see if it will arrive something more suitable for my needs.
Thanks again to all Smile
Well you can always use Android to watch live TV directly from WeTV DVB application.
I'm struggling to watch live Tv in android and librelec at the moment. Android has terrible lip sync and in librelec I can either get dvb-t or dvb-t2 not both. I'm sure both will get sorted soon but at the moment it's not wife friendly for me. Infact I've tried a build in librelec that used both dvb-t and dvb-t2 but it didn't have had audio for my films so I know that one will be fixed soon
(2016-09-27, 14:56)droidelec Wrote: Well you can always use Android to watch live TV directly from WeTV DVB application.
No thanks I'll go to return and refund
(2016-09-27, 17:39)goujam Wrote: I'm struggling to watch live Tv in android and librelec at the moment. Android has terrible lip sync and in librelec I can either get dvb-t or dvb-t2 not both. I'm sure both will get sorted soon but at the moment it's not wife friendly for me. Infact I've tried a build in librelec that used both dvb-t and dvb-t2 but it didn't have had audio for my films so I know that one will be fixed soon

Issue that you reported at WeTekForums with T/T2 switching is fixed and LibreELEC image with fixes will be published tonight.
(2016-09-27, 18:43)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 17:39)goujam Wrote: I'm struggling to watch live Tv in android and librelec at the moment. Android has terrible lip sync and in librelec I can either get dvb-t or dvb-t2 not both. I'm sure both will get sorted soon but at the moment it's not wife friendly for me. Infact I've tried a build in librelec that used both dvb-t and dvb-t2 but it didn't have had audio for my films so I know that one will be fixed soon

Issue that you reported at WeTekForums with T/T2 switching is fixed and LibreELEC image with fixes will be published tonight.

Nice one it will help me out a lot with the Mrs.
Guys, I have two questions regarding Wetek Play 2.

1. Is it possible to run Skype with for example such camera: http://us.creative.com/p/web-cameras/live-cam-sync-hd
2. Is it possible to run and control Spotify only while using phone as a remote?
Those questions generally would be better to ask at WeTekForums, since this is Kodi Forum Sad
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11