WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-10-13, 10:39)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-10-13, 05:16)wrxtasy Wrote: As already mentioned in previous posts, I've been testing a private Android TV OS ROM by Mr @ricardopvz on the Play2 the last few days and its already looking pretty polished.
[*] Live (TV) Channels, with Grid Style EPG & working Timeshift - uses the WeTV App Tuner backend.

One question to this: Is it possible to use this WETV App Tuner backend on a second WeTek Play2? We have two TVs, but just the 1st one has the satelite dish cable. If tvheadend would run on this image with the internal tuners, that would be a "no brainer", but with the WETV App Tuner backend I just don't know. If you could provide some info here, that would be great Smile

Only using the existing stream on port 8001 and a client like VLC like wrxtasy said.

(2016-10-13, 11:05)wrxtasy Wrote: At the moment the WeTV App interfaces through an API into the Android "Live Channels" App.
The only way I have seen to use the TV streaming output from WeTV App via a Home Network is via VLC, but its not at all elegant and user friendly.

A TvHeadend server would be possible in Android with some DIY, but I have yet to see one surface for the AML S905's like there was for the Core.
However with what I have seen anything may be possible.

I actually recommend using Dual tuners if serious about networked TV streaming and recording. And for Dual Tuner DVB-S Linux Kernel driver support its a Intel or RPi TvHeadend server platform you should be looking at.

I got TvHeadend running on the Play2 and tuner was detected, the problem is that AmLogic uses a modified DVB API (why don't they follow any standards?) and TvHeadend gives an error while tunning.
The way to fix this is to modify the DVB API in the kernel so it follows the standard DVB API (should not be hard, as it is already good in LibreELEC), but then WeTv would stop working.
I would try and do it, but I don't have the Play2 Android kernel source.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by ricardopvz - 2016-10-13, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11