• 46(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
my tv is dish network do i plug my cable from the wall into the tuner and it will be able to detect and let me change the channels?
Don't believe Dish or DirecTV are supported.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-10-18, 00:54)MicMac Wrote: Hey, thank you for the prompt reply and your work on this ROM.

I agree that the power options at the bottom of the launcher may seem redundant if you're using the Play 2 remote, but not so much if you are using a 3rd party remote. For example, the rii mini remote/keyboard combo that many people use doesn't have a built-in power button. I also believe the power button on the Play 2 uses ir, so unless the 3rd party remote has a programmable ir button, users that use 3rd party remotes or keyboards may be stuck without a way to power off the device.

If I'm missing something completely obvious, and there is a way to shut down the Play 2 without the Play 2 remote or these power options, I apologize.

Thank you again for your work on this custom Android tv ROM.

As long a RF remote sends the correct keycode, it doesn't need an programmable IR button.
I'll add the button then.
Is the Wetek Play 2 remote a infrared remote? If so, would this ATV ROM also work useing the Hardkernel remote?
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...1637537661
Possibly, I don't have an Android image running on a C2 as an example to extract the required Vendor_xxx_Product.kl keylayout from the directory /system/usr/keylayout tho. Nor do I know what the correct name even is for HK remotes.

Regardless you can use a Android or iOS Smartphone/Tablet to control ATV OS, and voice recognition works with these Apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mote&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/android-...61166?mt=8

And for any fellow Aussies reading, this Android TV - (legal) SBS TV, catchup, on demand App is excellent if you like Cult, award winning movies curated all in one place. I'm having a hard time believing its all free. I guess my taxes pay for it ! Smile
SBS Android TV

@ricardopvz I wonder if you will share with us a sort of tutorial explaining how to build your image of ATV OS hoping any other skilled people can help your work...
(2016-10-18, 07:12)wrxtasy Wrote: Possibly, I don't have an Android image running on a C2 as an example to extract the required Vendor_xxx_Product.kl keylayout from the directory /system/usr/keylayout tho. Nor do I know what the correct name even is for HK remotes.

I have the Odroid C1+ with that remote. Can I help somehow with those two to give you the relevant information and if so, how I should do that?

If I have the Android Lollipop Image for the C1+, so I simply copy what is in /system/usr/keylayout. Would that help?
@Vlaves you are going to have to ask over in the Hardkernel Android Sub-forum for the required C1/C2 IR remote Vendor_xxx_Product.kl file.

The HK Android guys may know where to find the required file. Copying the entire directory will not help.
Please take further enquiries to the HK forum to find the exact .kl file, if it exists.

(2016-10-18, 09:28)wrxtasy Wrote: @Vlaves you are going to have to ask over in the Hardkernel Android Sub-forum for the required C1/C2 IR remote Vendor_xxx_Product.kl file.

The HK Android guys may know where to find the required file. Copying the entire directory will not help.
Please take further enquiries to the HK forum to find the exact .kl file, if it exists.

Thanks, will do that Smile
(2016-10-18, 06:55)Vlaves Wrote: Is the Wetek Play 2 remote a infrared remote? If so, would this ATV ROM also work useing the Hardkernel remote?
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...1637537661

Most probably not. Unless it sends the same IR codes as the Play 2 remote (which I doubt it does).
The only way for it to work, it to modify the file in /etc/remote.conf with the correct keycodes. The problem is that if those keycodes overlap the Play 2 remote keycodes, only one or another will work.

(2016-10-18, 07:49)zival Wrote: @ricardopvz I wonder if you will share with us a sort of tutorial explaining how to build your image of ATV OS hoping any other skilled people can help your work...

I didn't build the ROM as I don't have WeTek sources.
I took WeTek's stock ROM, modded the apks and jars to add TV features and the TV overlay (everything can be found on AOSP)
I also modded apks, jars and disassembled binary files to fix bugs existing in WeTek's firmware.
And I created an app/service to "expose" the tuner to the Live Channels app.
question i have Cox cable just for NET, NO TV..if i plug into the cable will i get any channels or i have to actualy have TV service with them?
(2016-10-18, 23:28)leo5111 Wrote: question i have Cox cable just for NET, NO TV..if i plug into the cable will i get any channels or i have to actualy have TV service with them?

This was possible at one time. Certain QAM channels would still come through. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but "QAM" would be the search term to use, IIRC. It depends on if Cox is still providing QAM signals, and doing so on internet-only lines.
(2016-10-19, 04:32)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 23:28)leo5111 Wrote: question i have Cox cable just for NET, NO TV..if i plug into the cable will i get any channels or i have to actualy have TV service with them?

This was possible at one time. Certain QAM channels would still come through. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but "QAM" would be the search term to use, IIRC. It depends on if Cox is still providing QAM signals, and doing so on internet-only lines.
so unless i bought a hidef antenna, i pretty much wouldnt get anything?i want to be able to watch usa,tnt espn etc..thanks
(2016-10-18, 20:04)ricardopvz Wrote: I didn't build the ROM as I don't have WeTek sources.
I took WeTek's stock ROM, modded the apks and jars to add TV features and the TV overlay (everything can be found on AOSP)
I also modded apks, jars and disassembled binary files to fix bugs existing in WeTek's firmware.
And I created an app/service to "expose" the tuner to the Live Channels app.

That's quite impressive! Compliments
(2016-10-19, 05:24)leo5111 Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 04:32)Ned Scott Wrote:

so unless i bought a hidef antenna, i pretty much wouldnt get anything?i want to be able to watch usa,tnt espn etc..thanks

For sure, you wouldn't get those channels. You sometimes got lucky and got NBC, ABC, etc, but not basic cable channels. Those actually cost money, and the cable company isn't just going to expose that for free.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11