• 47(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-10-18, 23:28)leo5111 Wrote: question i have Cox cable just for NET, NO TV..if i plug into the cable will i get any channels or i have to actualy have TV service with them?

The US uses 8VSB ATSC for over-the-air (i.e. signals you receive via an antenna/aerial) and QAM ATSC for Cable broadcasts (alongside analogue NTSC in some areas) - many, but not all, tuners are capable of demodulating (i.e. receiving) both standards.

At one point cable companies provided local (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS etc.) channels un-encrypted on QAM (as they are on 8SVB) but increasingly cable cos are switching to everything being encrypted. If it's encrypted, a QAM tuner won't be much use.

Also - if your cable provider offers TV via an IPTV route over your broadband internet connection rather than via ATSC then QAM compatibility is moot. (Not sure how widespread IPTV is in the US for main cable service provision)
its too bad Dish isnt supported i have Dish network, so i would just use this tuner to watch/record but it doesnt work oh well
Dish and DirecTV are proprietary, so you're not going to find any (recent) systems other than their own that support them.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-10-20, 01:35)hdmkv Wrote: Dish and DirecTV are proprietary, so you're not going to find any (recent) systems other than their own that support them.

AIUI DishTV and DirecTV are now both using DVB-S2 for many (if not all) of their services (at least one US platform had a proprietary scheme in SD). However they, like Sky in the UK, use closed encryption schemes which means receivers like the Play 2 aren't compatible.
Ricardo has completed his final work and we have finished testing so...click the link below....

[ROM] [WeOS 1.3 BASED] Android TV OS v1.0 Released

Impressive work I must say ! Smile

Nice! I know what I'll be doing this weekend Smile.
My HT
Hi, I wish to install Kodi in my sd card and run it on my WeTek play 2 in dual boot. What version of KODI I need to download?
(2016-10-22, 08:57)FabrizioA Wrote: Hi, I wish to install Kodi in my sd card and run it on my WeTek play 2 in dual boot. What version of KODI I need to download?
Do you mean install libreelec on sd card? If so grab wrxtasy's version from the LE section of the wetek forums. Works very well.
(2016-10-22, 10:05)tredman Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 08:57)FabrizioA Wrote: Hi, I wish to install Kodi in my sd card and run it on my WeTek play 2 in dual boot. What version of KODI I need to download?
Do you mean install libreelec on sd card? If so grab wrxtasy's version from the LE section of the wetek forums. Works very well.

Many thanks! Wink

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-10-21, 07:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Ricardo has completed his final work and we have finished testing so...click the link below....

I read in another forum how to modify almost any Android OS box to a Android TV OS, just modifying some files like build.prop and other files. Is it possible to share the link to this discussion or is it not permitted? Is it something similar that Ricardo has done?
Are you an experienced Android or Linux developer ?
Do you know about networking, permissions, compiling, coding, troubleshooting and especially the Android OS itself ?
Can you disassemble binary files, edit in Hex using proper tools ?
Can you backport Code from open source Android Marshmallow and Nougat ?
And that is before we have even started on Android Audio....

As Ricardo has already stated..

(2016-10-18, 20:04)ricardopvz Wrote: I didn't build the ROM as I don't have WeTek sources.
I took WeTek's stock ROM, modded the apks and jars to add TV features and the TV overlay (everything can be found on AOSP)
I also modded apks, jars and disassembled binary files to fix bugs existing in WeTek's firmware.
And I created an app/service to "expose" the tuner to the Live Channels app.

This is not some weekend YouTube DIY project. Its not possible to simply just "modify some simple stuff" and expect a decent working Android TV OS, especially one with a semi integrated - backported Android - Live Channels App.
Ricardo is understating the amount of work he has done.
You actually have to have stable, working Firmware first before even starting a project such as this.

I'm afraid, far beyond the paygrade of a Newbie and even those of us that know a little bit about AMLogic Firmware. Wink
There is no link to share, all the experience and knowledge is in Ricardo's talanted head !

I am a former c++ programmer, but I don't know a lot about Android file system. I just was curious about it. Thank you for your time for sharing knowledge and patience!
(2016-10-21, 07:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Ricardo has completed his final work and we have finished testing so...click the link below....

It certainly is. I really hope this can be ported over to the upcoming 2s as this is exactly what I'm looking for in a system and I can only see this getting better as it progresses. I am almost (but not quite) thinking of forgoing the twin tuner and recording functions of the Play 1 to get a Play 2 just to get this sweet setup.

@ricardopvz, you sir are one talented developer and although I'm not using your rom, you certainly have my thanks as I'm sure you have the thanks of many many others on here.

I shall be following this with great interest as it progresses over the next few weeks and months.
Tried @ricardopvz's ROM and it indeed makes Play2's UX much improved over stock UI. However, my HD audio no sounds issues have returned (no TrueHD/ATMOS, no DTS-MA/X). Starting to suspect my Play2 unit may be a lemon.
My HT
(2016-10-22, 19:40)Sjharris Wrote: It certainly is. I really hope this can be ported over to the upcoming 2s as this is exactly what I'm looking for in a system and I can only see this getting better as it progresses. I am almost (but not quite) thinking of forgoing the twin tuner and recording functions of the Play 1 to get a Play 2 just to get this sweet setup.

@ricardopvz, you sir are one talented developer and although I'm not using your rom, you certainly have my thanks as I'm sure you have the thanks of many many others on here.

I shall be following this with great interest as it progresses over the next few weeks and months.

I most probably will have a 2s. And if I have one, I will definitely make an ATV ROM for it.

(2016-10-22, 22:09)hdmkv Wrote: Tried @ricardopvz's ROM and it indeed makes Play2's UX much improved over stock UI. However, my HD audio no sounds issues have returned (no TrueHD/ATMOS, no DTS-MA/X). Starting to suspect my Play2 unit may be a lemon.

Are those issues in Kodi/WMP/SPMC?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11