WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Are you an experienced Android or Linux developer ?
Do you know about networking, permissions, compiling, coding, troubleshooting and especially the Android OS itself ?
Can you disassemble binary files, edit in Hex using proper tools ?
Can you backport Code from open source Android Marshmallow and Nougat ?
And that is before we have even started on Android Audio....

As Ricardo has already stated..

(2016-10-18, 20:04)ricardopvz Wrote: I didn't build the ROM as I don't have WeTek sources.
I took WeTek's stock ROM, modded the apks and jars to add TV features and the TV overlay (everything can be found on AOSP)
I also modded apks, jars and disassembled binary files to fix bugs existing in WeTek's firmware.
And I created an app/service to "expose" the tuner to the Live Channels app.

This is not some weekend YouTube DIY project. Its not possible to simply just "modify some simple stuff" and expect a decent working Android TV OS, especially one with a semi integrated - backported Android - Live Channels App.
Ricardo is understating the amount of work he has done.
You actually have to have stable, working Firmware first before even starting a project such as this.

I'm afraid, far beyond the paygrade of a Newbie and even those of us that know a little bit about AMLogic Firmware. Wink
There is no link to share, all the experience and knowledge is in Ricardo's talanted head !

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-22, 15:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11