• 50(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-11-10, 22:44)Sjharris Wrote: @Edek The Play 2 only has 1 tuner so you can only connect 1 cable hence you cannot record. You either need the Play 1 or the upcoming play 2s if you want to watch 1 channel and record another.

Oh, on pictures its look like I can connect two cables...
Do you know when the 2s will be available?
After 2017 but no one knows the exact date
Hi guys,

I'm really interested in getting this box but it can be a bit confusing so I was wondering if someone could answer these simple questions.

1) I can tune into dvb c channels and can set up ca for encrypted channels

2) install apps like bt sport or nbc live to stream content

3) can I cast YouTube to it like you do on fire tv or chrome cast

4) can you record live TV

5) can all this be done with the custom os that seems to be everyone's favoured choice

Thank you
1) I don't believe encrypted channels are supported for DVB-C

2) Most Android apps will work, but it's best to check on wetekforums.com to see if a specific app is working well or not. In my personal notes I don't have anything written down for BT Sports, but most of NBC's apps do seem to work.

3) Yes.

4) Yes, via the internal tuner or IPTV.

5) Which custom OS are you talking about?
Decryption works fine with dvb-s2, so I would imagine it would work with dvb-c too - just point it at your card on your LAN
You don't see this that often:

10% off WeTek Android TV Boxes @ WeTek Store

Code Until 30 Nov. --->>> HTL10WS1

(2016-11-20, 23:21)tredman Wrote: Decryption works fine with dvb-s2, so I would imagine it would work with dvb-c too - just point it at your card on your LAN

As far as I know (I'm not in the EU), encrypted DVB-C or DVB-S requires a subscriber card. WeTek doesn't support USB card readers yet, and doesn't yet sell a model with a card reader built in. Software cam is not supported either.

As in, there is a difference between what is supported from the company that sells the product vs what people can tweak/hack and eventually run. If it works for you, great, but it's currently not something WeTek will guarantee to work.
(2016-11-21, 09:15)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 23:21)tredman Wrote: Decryption works fine with dvb-s2, so I would imagine it would work with dvb-c too - just point it at your card on your LAN

As far as I know (I'm not in the EU), encrypted DVB-C or DVB-S requires a subscriber card. WeTek doesn't support USB card readers yet, and doesn't yet sell a model with a card reader built in. Software cam is not supported either.

As in, there is a difference between what is supported from the company that sells the product vs what people can tweak/hack and eventually run. If it works for you, great, but it's currently not something WeTek will guarantee to work.
Good job this isn't a wetek forum where only wetek approved items are discussed then [emoji2]
(2016-11-21, 09:17)tredman Wrote: Good job this isn't a wetek forum where only wetek approved items are discussed then [emoji2]

This has almost nothing to do with what is "allowed" to be discussed. The only thing banned from discussion on the WeTek forum is also banned on the Kodi forum, and that is CAM software.

Which just leaves USB readers, which right now don't seem to have Android support at all, and are entirely untested for LE for AML (which has an older ARM kernel), as far as I know. It those do work then that is all the better, and I would be happy to recommend such set ups if that is the case. Until then, I don't want to give anyone false hope or misleading info.
Right so cant discuss emulating my card so I only have to use 1 box. Got it.

Guys probably very dumb question, I kind of just want to use kodi and that's all even for my live cable television with epg and all. I find kodi to be quite streamlined in its delivery of content. Can I do that?
@ned scott, usb card readers works good with play 2 on android or libreelec with 'third party app' (tested omnikey 3121 and smargo usb) and as @christian troy mentioned on wetek forum all usb2serial using pl2303 or ftdi-sio chipset :-)
(2016-11-21, 22:06)zbigzbig20 Wrote: @ned scott, usb card readers works good with play 2 on android or libreelec with 'third party app' (tested omnikey 3121 and smargo usb) and as @christian troy mentioned on wetek forum all usb2serial using pl2303 or ftdi-sio chipset :-)

Very awesome, thanks for the heads up.
(2016-11-21, 04:03)wrxtasy Wrote: You don't see this that often:

10% off WeTek Android TV Boxes @ WeTek Store

Code Until 30 Nov. --->>> HTL10WS1
Wish this was for the play 2S!

I'm dying waiting for its release. I need a TV box with a good BT remote and dvb-t. Unfortunately, Play 2 remote seems to suck (and doesn't have AC wifi).

It's getting harder and harder to hold out for the 2s while these other good boxes (eg: Xiaomi Mi TV box 3) are going on sale [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F
hi all. Yesterday I was not able to connect to PSN on my PS3 so I was not able to use netflix.. So I decided to buy the Wetek Play 2...but there isn't the possibility to choose the DVB-T tuner! :-( why?
(2016-11-23, 11:14)medulin Wrote: hi all. Yesterday I was not able to connect to PSN on my PS3 so I was not able to use netflix.. So I decided to buy the Wetek Play 2...but there isn't the possibility to choose the DVB-T tuner! :-( why?

If you can't select it on the order page then it means that tuner combo is out of stock. It will come back in stock eventually.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11