• 51(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-11-23, 12:19)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 11:14)medulin Wrote: hi all. Yesterday I was not able to connect to PSN on my PS3 so I was not able to use netflix.. So I decided to buy the Wetek Play 2...but there isn't the possibility to choose the DVB-T tuner! :-( why?

If you can't select it on the order page then it means that tuner combo is out of stock. It will come back in stock eventually.

thank you!
dvbt2 tuner is now available!
a question before buying it: could someone tell me how the Play2 works on Wifi and LAN? is the speed good?
WeTek Play 2 is equipped with Gigabit Ethernet and AP6330 WiFi module that support 802.11 B/G/N 2.4 & 5 GHz
Hi,

I've understood that this box doesn't has a real standby/sleep mode that allow to start faster, is it true?
What is the time needed from power off to DVB-T channel image available on the TV?

Thanks,
Philippe
(2016-11-25, 14:28)capillonpub Wrote: Hi,

I've understood that this box doesn't has a real standby/sleep mode that allow to start faster, is it true?
What is the time needed from power off to DVB-T channel image available on the TV?

Thanks,
Philippe

Booting takes less than 30 seconds, for Android or LibreELEC.

However, the point is that you don't need to turn it off. Commercial DVRs don't turn off either. It stays on to do scheduled recordings and run services to the rest of the network. The Play2 uses so little power that it won't make a realistic difference either way, hence why there's no standby mode.
Another way of putting it is think of these ARM based boxes as just low powered Smartphones in a different casing. There are Firmware routines designed to lower power consumption during idles states if a developer compiles the code correctly.
There are no fans, no spinning Hard drives, no power guzzling GPU cards like HTPC's of the past era.

If you want an Idea of AMLogic SoC power consumption, some ODROID C2 guys have been taking measurements of the AMLogic S905 (same Chip as the Play2). And this was with an un-neccessary USB Keyboard connected. See here for details:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...19#p169143

Hi there,
did anybody use the wetek play 2 with a diseqc 1.2 rotor installed?
Any issues with that configuration?

PS: I consider to change from dreambox dm800se to the wetek play2 .

best regards,
peter.
All diseqc protocol versions are supported including USALS
(2016-11-21, 04:03)wrxtasy Wrote: You don't see this that often:

10% off WeTek Android TV Boxes @ WeTek Store

Code Until 30 Nov. --->>> HTL10WS1

Thanks for the discount code, i've used it to order one !

(2016-11-25, 18:45)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-11-25, 14:28)capillonpub Wrote: Hi,

Thanks,
Philippe

Booting takes less than 30 seconds, for Android or LibreELEC.

However, the point is that you don't need to turn it off. Commercial DVRs don't turn off either. It stays on to do scheduled recordings and run services to the rest of the network. The Play2 uses so little power that it won't make a realistic difference either way, hence why there's no standby mode.

Thanks!
I've red somewhere that when the play 2 stay powered on too long time, it became unstable?
is it still true? with android or librelec?
(2016-11-28, 00:59)capillonpub Wrote: I've read somewhere that when the play 2 stay powered on too long time, it became unstable?
It is possible eventually when running LibreELEC Kodi only for an extended period of time. Due to a LE Kodi memory leak issue. The source of that has now been identified I'm told.

Seems the DVB-T tuners are still out of stock on the Wetek website, I knew I should have ordered as soon as the discount code was posted...my bad.

...and now they are showing again....box ordered...
Quote:I've red somewhere that when the play 2 stay powered on too long time, it became unstable?

We have not tried LibreElec with our WeTek Play 2 yet, but with the WeOS 1.4 it has not been as reliable as our Chromebox or our RPi2, both running LibreElec. Our unit does freeze up and we do not leave it on for long periods, I thought the WeTek Play 2 would be a box we could just plug in and start enjoying it, but it has been far less satisfying than either the Chromebox or RPi2.
(2016-12-03, 04:15)Pajoe Wrote:
Quote:I've red somewhere that when the play 2 stay powered on too long time, it became unstable?

We have not tried LibreElec with our WeTek Play 2 yet, but with the WeOS 1.4 it has not been as reliable as our Chromebox or our RPi2, both running LibreElec. Our unit does freeze up and we do not leave it on for long periods, I thought the WeTek Play 2 would be a box we could just plug in and start enjoying it, but it has been far less satisfying than either the Chromebox or RPi2.
I think that's the case for all android boxes tbh. Minimal Linux systems are just that bit more stable.

That said I probably only reboot my shields, fire TV box and Wetek once a week.
(2016-12-03, 04:15)Pajoe Wrote:

Hi Pajoe,

Please feel free to contact our Technical support, and I am sure they will figure out reason, as normally device should not freeze.

http://wetek.com/contact
There is big problem with freezes and play2 stop working after some time on latest weos 1.4 . Prevous box was more stable. And on latest update does not work ftp connection
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11