• 52(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
WeOS 1.4 does has some odd issues affecting some people. I don't know what the pattern is, only that the guys are working on it for the next firmware update.
Hope all isues will be fixed soon in next release because prevous builds were more stable.
I hope too. Sometimes Play2 returns to home during watching WeTV. And a couple of times it freezed and I had to remove the power supply. I never tried previous builds since I updated to 1.4 the first time I powered on the Play2.
another issue: the DVB-T tuner is less efficient than the TV tuner, but I don't know if it depends on the firmware or the hardware
Dvb-s2 tuner in play2 is less efficient as well. I tested play1 with this same sat configuration and signal is higher on some transponders
another issue: if the Play2 is powered ON before the TV, on the TV I see "no video signal". I have to switch to another hsmi port and then to return to the HDMI port where is attached the Play2. Or I have to power On the TV and then the Play2
Hi guys!

I'd like to buy an android media player but only if it can play fractional refresh rate videos correctly. Of course with automatic switching.
Is it perfect with Play2?
Thanks
Hi pszab,

From one of wrxtasy reviews regarding WeTek Hub, since Play 2 and Hub share same CPU and Android 5.0.1:

Quote:A user adjustable on the fly, dynamic, Global Android OS refresh rate switching and video sync function for all Android Apps. Apps can be individually selected too for exclusion.
Hello guys,

does the WETEK Play 2 has a fan or is it fanless?
Hi drumpel,

It is fanless, with passive cooler attached on top of CPU.
I was going to buy this device, mostly for the tunner functionality but as I've read here there are a lot of problems with that: you cannot manage your channel list or schedule recording easily for example... and I need an intuitive UI.

I hope Wetek fix it in futures firmware updates, if it can be possible.
With weos 1.4 play2 is more unstable . Sometines without any reason Like to stop/freeze and we need to unplug it from power supply. We still waiting for fix this. After last update and now there is now more than month so fixing the problems and adding new features is going very slow
I am thinking about buying this for a kodi box to play high bit rate x264 files that make apple tv 4 skip frames. I also have some 4k movies on my NAS I want to watch.

I want to put the box behind the tv as I don't like to see cables and boxes. That works fine with Apple TV 4 which has bluetooth. It also works with the Raspberry PI using the TV remote and CEC capabilities of the tv.

However, wouldn't it be a problem putting this device behind the tv because it would need a clear line of sight for the IT remote to function?
You could use basic HDMI-CEC with your TV's remote for basic Kodi control and get away with using just that.

Really with any Android platform running the regular touchscreen version of Android OS, like the Play2 you need to purchase a seperate Wireless Air Mouse or Touchpad Keyboard anyway to use Android Apps properly. You can get away with using Kodi Android without an Air Mouse.
You can also flash an unofficial version of the Android TV OS to the Play2 that needs no Air Mouse for use with specially designed for TV screen - Android TV Apps.

OR simply use LibreELEC Kodi, that needs no Air Mouse at all.

You will still be limited by the IR range of the remote in either case. I simply purchased a Wireless MINIX A2 Lite - Air Mouse - Mini Keyboard remote and that works nicely with a whole bunch of Kodi boxes and OS's.

(2016-12-10, 11:04)zenguy Wrote: I am thinking about buying this for a kodi box to play high bit rate x264 files that make apple tv 4 skip frames. I also have some 4k movies on my NAS I want to watch.

I want to put the box behind the tv as I don't like to see cables and boxes. That works fine with Apple TV 4 which has bluetooth. It also works with the Raspberry PI using the TV remote and CEC capabilities of the tv.

However, wouldn't it be a problem putting this device behind the tv because it would need a clear line of sight for the IT remote to function?

If you don't need the built-in tuner then you can get a WeTek Hub, which includes an IR extender that plugs into the box. Though the Play2 would likely work because it's IR receiver is very sensitive and seems to work well when bouncing IR signals off of walls. Your milage may vary, of course.
The Mini setup guide for WeTek Hub / Play2 - Android Lollipop - WePlayer / SPMC (Kodi) devices.

• 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11