WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-12-22, 13:22)Chris P Bacon Wrote: Updated to WEOS 2.0 yesterday hoping it would sort out the problems of WEOS 1.4 freezing almost daily, but after the update all I have is a black screen after the WEOS animation. Mailed support yesterday evening but so far I have had no reply, not impressed with this update! :-(

WeOS 2.0 may be a little more stable than 1.4 , but for me worthless because the problems with the incorrect EPG data using the ATSC tuner. The good thing is the latest LibreElec (7.9.09 ?) with TvHeadend 4.2 seems to work with the (WeTek) ATSC tuner - I am using a FLIRC usb receiver set up as a keyboard controller with most of the buttons we might need. We have Libreelec on a msd card with Dual boot and although I find very little joy using WeOS; I am not ready to give up on WeOS as they do keep releasing updates. Currently LibeElec/kodi is nicer and easier to use. However if WeTek ever gets WeOS, kodi, and the ATSC tuners all working correctly, WeOS may be better, especially for streaming services like Netflix.

I do not much about it, but if I had your box I would download the "Clean Install" files and do a clean installation of the firmware using the reset button. The Wetek forums has instructions on how to do it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by Pajoe - 2016-12-23, 18:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11