WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Hi,

thank you very much for this excellent thread. I just ordered one of these Play 2 and to be honest it's not really easy to find out what to use for best results. So may I ask some questions just to confirm:

- To use Apps like Netflix you have to use unofficial Android TV (From Wetek custom roms) to have best results. I still have WEOS 2.01 installed and Netflix stutters like hell and does not allow remote controlling
with Custom room this should be fixed right?
- Best Kodi release would be SPMC (release 16.5.4 as far as I see), correct? I install Kodi 17 (Beta 7) on WEOS 2.01 and due to issues with hardware support (I guess) some video codec are not support.
E.G. German TV Streams (H.264 1080i)
- This SPMC release also support H.265 10bit right on Play 2?

If this all would work i give it a try on the other hand I wonder if it would make more sense to buy a FireTV 4K and simple install SPMC there. At least I would have an official support of Amazon prime and Netflix app, right? But I am not sure about the 10bit H.265 support maybe that's the difference.

Appreciate your help :-)

Thanks

Alex

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by alex.ba - 2016-12-28, 12:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11