WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2017-01-29, 17:34)darksaint Wrote: i a few days i will receive a wetek play 2 - i plan on installing it with a dual boot with libreelec on an sd card.
I got the app from librelec to install the image from - what is the next step is there a guide on installing the dual boot somewhere ?

I'm also very curious on how the dual boot works do you get to chose when you start up the wetek between android or libre or does libre starts automatically when the the card is plugged in?

If I remember correctly:

On the WeTek Play 2 we have it was really easy to use dual boot. . With ours, it was more or less automatic, after the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator writes LibreElec to the microsd card we placed it in the the WeTek Play 2 micro sd card slot and pressed the Wetek remote power button to turn it on - as it boots up a message will be displayed to press the power button to boot the sd card - on ours we get this screen twice and both times we press the power button. If you miss it, just select reboot and get it on the next reboot. You only need to press the remote power button during boot up when you want to switch between internal nand and the micro sd card, it will continue to boot that way by default until you switch it back. As long as you have a card in the WeTek sd card slot you will get the option to switch to nand or sd card

We have linux so we used the linux version of the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator program to make the sd card, so I can not verify it will be exactly the same as the LibreElec windows version to create a usb-sd disk. I have LibreElec on more than one card, and can easily switch from the LibreElec Alpha to the Raybuntu version, just by switching the cards when it is powered down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by Pajoe - 2017-01-29, 21:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11