WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Hi all
I'm a user of the Wetek Core device, but I'm evaluating the possibility to move to the Wetek Play 2 (WP2).
The main reason is the possibility to record TV programs and (maybe) the possibility in the next future to have Netflix HD with 5.1 audio streams.

1) Recording TV programs
Having a built-in tuner WP2 seems the more natural choice. A possible alternative maintaining the Core would be (correct me if I'm wrong) to buy an USB-Tuner to plug in the Core, boot from Librelec and the ninstalling and configuring TvHeadEnd Server and Client.. This would be an alternative, but forces a reboot anytime I want to use other Android apps (Netflix, Rai Play, ecc.ecc.).
OK, backing to WP2, I read that the recording can be made through the WeTV Android app. The problem for me is where to store the recordings. I have a Synology NAS in my LAN (used for media repository and as primary media source for Kodi), and I'like to configure WeTV in order to store recordings into a shared folder of the NAS. Is it possible, or the only change out of the internal limited memory is to attach a USB-HDD to WP2?

2) NetflixHD with multichannel audio (5.1)
Today using Core, I'm able to stream movies from Netflix, but unfortunately only with 2.0 audio. As far as I know, it depends of the underlying Android version, that due to the used amlogic SOC cannot be upgraded to Android 6.0 (mandatory to manage multichannel audio). So, it seems that the Core NEVER will have the possibility to move towards NF 5.1.
Is it correct?
I'd like to have it, because the HDMI cable out of the Core now is attached to a Marantz AV Receiver, that's manage DTS-MA, DolbyTrueHD and all the others audio coding types.

From the pure performance perspective, should I lost something moving from the Octacore of the Core to the Pentacore od WP2?

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by mancio61 - 2017-02-17, 15:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11