• 58(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Is there any development build for Android 6 for Play 2?

I was checking but I've only found one for HUB, but HUB got Android 6 by update.

I would like to check if the Play 2 will have a the same improvement as HUB did.

Thanks
From 3 months nothing new for play2 (weos)
We are preparing Android 6.0 for WeTek Play 2 with all goodies, like on WeTek Hub that already received Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
Hi!

We're currently working on Android 6, but porting the whole WeTV to Android 6 is more complicated, some drivers need to be changed and it takes time to be able to accomplish this.

But as soon we have some news, you'll be the first to know.
Here and in our forum

Best regards
I'm thinking of getting a Play2 but not sure which Tuner to get.

Can you buy the Tuner modules seperatly at a later date and what would be the price in the UK and where to get them from.
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-04-05, 10:15)JohnWB Wrote: I'm thinking of getting a Play2 but not sure which Tuner to get.

Can you buy the Tuner modules seperatly at a later date and what would be the price in the UK and where to get them from.

Hi

In UK, it depends on the region you're at.
It can be by Satellite, or DVB-T
Please bear in mind that WeTek Play 2 only allows you to see FTA channels.

You can check our webshop at our website wetek.com

And yes, you can buy the tuners separated.

Best regards
(2017-04-05, 15:14)MasterChief117 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 10:15)JohnWB Wrote: I'm thinking of getting a Play2 but not sure which Tuner to get.

Hi

Best regards

Thanks for that, I guess the DVB-T tuner can get Freeview HD channels
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
For regular Freeview yes

For Freeview Play, you need specific devices.

Best regards
Has anyone compared the picture quality of the Play 2 to that of the Mede8er 600X3D (or 800 or 1000)
(2017-04-05, 15:20)JohnWB Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 15:14)MasterChief117 Wrote:

Hi

Best regards

Thanks for that, I guess the DVB-T tuner can get Freeview HD channels

You need DVB-T2 not just DVB-T for Freeview HD, but I believe the Wetek is DVB-T2 compatible.

Also - beware that Freeview HD (like Freesat) doesn't use regular DVB EIT for the EPG - and instead uses a proprietary Huffman compression scheme for it (Freeview SD channels use regular EIT stuff with no problem). TV Headend includes support for this, other software is more hit and miss.
(2017-04-12, 09:58)noggin Wrote: You need DVB-T2 not just DVB-T for Freeview HD, but I believe the Wetek is DVB-T2 compatible.

Also - beware that Freeview HD (like Freesat) doesn't use regular DVB EIT for the EPG - and instead uses a proprietary Huffman compression scheme for it (Freeview SD channels use regular EIT stuff with no problem). TV Headend includes support for this, other software is more hit and miss.
This is the major problem a bunch of Freeview UK / AUS / NZ users have with the Play2 and WeTek's WeTV App.
The Auto 7day DVB EIT for the EPG simply does not work with the WeTV App at all. (Unless it has been fixed recently)

Having to select each individual bunch of grouped channels to pull up EPG Data is not how users want to to go about easily viewing a EPG.

TvHeadend has all this Auto EPG data sorted out and it works well.

So @WeTek, when we can expect MM for play2?
Regards
(2017-04-12, 13:01)zbigzbig20 Wrote: So @WeTek, when we can expect MM for play2?
Regards

Still on testing, but hopefully soon

BR
Maybe I can test as well? :-)
Just browsing for some other unrelated device and a Google Ad popped up:

17% of WeTek Play2 for Period 14 - 17th April

Discount Code EASTER17

• 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11