• 60(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
Hi,

No, it's not possible to have the dual boot without the original RCU

BR
Hello.
I have wetek play 2 with WeOS v2.0.2, and when I turn it off, the led changes from red to pink, sometimes red and other pink, and changes randomly.
Does it happen to anyone else?
thank you very much.
Congratulations - You purchased the Special LSD edition Wink

(2017-04-19, 16:06)MasterChief117 Wrote: Hi,

No, it's not possible to have the dual boot without the original RCU

BR

Is it possible to use a learning or programmable remote to emulate the original RCU (thinking Logitech Harmony or similar) or is there some functionality in the original RCU that is specific to the dual-boot process?
To be honest i have to confirm this scenario.

I have one harmony and as soon I have more available time i'll test and confirm it.

BR
(2017-04-21, 10:34)noggin Wrote: Is it possible to use a learning or programmable remote to emulate the original RCU (thinking Logitech Harmony or similar) or is there some functionality in the original RCU that is specific to the dual-boot process?

We use Sony RMVLZ620 learning remotes and after learning the "power on" button from the original Wetek Play 2 remote, the Sony remote does work with dual boot on a Wetek Play 2 . We do have to hit the Sony remote "power button" more than once during boot up. We rarely use the original WeTek remote or WeOS. Although we currently have the latest WeOS/LibreElec, we find WeOS almost worthless.
I have just set up the latest LibreELEC 8.01 on my new Play 2 and it works really well, plays all the test files i have.

I have a small problem though, I have set up a few TV Shows & Movies sections which i want to make favourites but I cannot see any way to do this.

i have set favourites before but there is no menu buttons or icons I can see to click on in LibreELEC.

I am using the Wetek 2 remote (which is better than I was expecting) should this be ok to produce favourites.
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-04-26, 09:26)JohnWB Wrote: I have just set up the latest LibreELEC 8.01 on my new Play 2 and it works really well, plays all the test files i have.

I have a small problem though, I have set up a few TV Shows & Movies sections which i want to make favourites but I cannot see any way to do this.

i have set favourites before but there is no menu buttons or icons I can see to click on in LibreELEC.

I am using the Wetek 2 remote (which is better than I was expecting) should this be ok to produce favourites.

Long press the circular button.
Thanks for that, i will give it a go when I get home later today
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
I have a question hevc 10 bit files!
Can it play under libreelec or only under Android?
10bit HEVC will Hardware decode and play using either OS.

However LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will hardware decode a wider, more varied bunch of older compression standards more reliably vs Android Kodi.
It will also do 720/1080p >>> 4K Auto Resolution switching that does not work when using Android.

Live TV using Kodi Krypton PVR's also works properly when using LibreELEC.

You can dual boot easily anyway to try out each OS.

(2017-04-28, 05:09)wrxtasy Wrote: 10bit HEVC will Hardware decode and play using either OS.

However LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will hardware decode a wider, more varied bunch of older compression standards more reliably vs Android Kodi.
It will also do 720/1080p >>> 4K Auto Resolution switching that does not work when using Android.

Live TV using Kodi Krypton PVR's also works properly when using LibreELEC.

You can dual boot easily anyway to try out each OS.

Thanks for the detailed responseWink
I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 (dual boot) and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it
(2017-04-29, 17:23)JohnWB Wrote: When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.
Not sure if this affect all LibreELEC Krypton platforms or just AMLogic LE Krypton ones.

The short skip or rewind backwards - playback stalling. Is a known annoying Bug that still has not been tracked down and squashed yet.

Thanks for that wrxtasy.

Is there any way around it or does it mean you cannot rewind backwards at all.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11