• 63(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2017-06-30, 15:57)hi2chris Wrote: Thanks wrxtasy, totally left field but my partner loves her SNES for street fighter II am I able to replace the SNES and use the Wetek somehow? Ill obviously have to buy some controllers. This is hardly critical but would be a pleasant surprise.
I have been playing with the Retro X App using the Android TV ROM with a Bluetooth PS3 games controller successfully after I rooted the Play2 with SuperSU. Easy to do, just by flashing it from the very easy to boot into Android recovery.

Have not been playing SNES but a whole bunch of other PS1 (the reworked Loadrunner is awesome) and some Arcade Games:
http://www.retrox.tv/games/

The Sixaxis Controller App I used needed Root access to Pair the controller(s).

To be honest now with MM Firmware and a nice Android TV ROM on the Play2 I actually find the Xiaomi Mi Box pretty limiting as its too locked down tight with SELinux. I suppose Xiaomi's target market is mainly video streaming tho.

I have a Wetek Play2 dual booting the latest LibreELEC which ​plays movies and TV series from my Synology NAS with no problems.

When I go to play music, or music videos that use MP3, MPEG or AAC there is no sound, but music videos using AC3 codecs will play, any ideas why it will not play the other codecs.

I have noticed now a red speaker icon in the top right hand side of the screen with a cross beside it is (not visible when playing movies or TV series​).

I have searched all the settings but cannot find a way to make the speaker cross go away ie trying F8 on a keyboard or changing the volume level

NOW OK after deleting guisettings.xml, thanks to Klojum in the LibreELEC forum
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
Seems that Wetek is having a discount code for all the devices

Discount code: SAS1052

10% discount on all the devices
Discount code is valid until August, 31
Does anyone have an opinion for, or against, installing LibreELEC directly on the internal NAND? Is it possible to recover back to the original firmware?

Thanks.
Does someone manage to have signal out of the RF out loop working in a Play2 with the DVB-S2 tuner?
Mine doesn't work at all in WEOS3.1 using WeTV.
Shall it be a SW problem or HW limitation
(2017-08-17, 16:16)atv2jber Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion for, or against, installing LibreELEC directly on the internal NAND? Is it possible to recover back to the original firmware?

Thanks.
The process for Recovery is the same for the Play2 as it is for the Hub when reflashing Android back into internal eMMC storage. You just have to use the correct WeOS3.1 Play2 Firmware .zip file

[Tutorial] How to update WeTek Hub/Play2 - Manually, Automatically and New Installations

Yes its called eMMC not the older NAND and WeTek still does not display it correctly even on their own Hub / Play2 splash screens. No

It looks like Netflix has dropped support for the Wetek boxes. Actually, you can not logging in Netflix (error NW-6-404). Some users on the Wetek forum said that they called the support of Netflix which confirmed that they have dropped Wetek. Thus, one of the biggest advantages of the excellent boxes will be gone. Very sad. I think the degree of popularity of the boxes will reduce rapidly if this issue cannot be resolved.
Well this version of Netflix still works:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

(2017-08-17, 18:46)optico Wrote: Does someone manage to have signal out of the RF out loop working in a Play2 with the DVB-S2 tuner?
Mine doesn't work at all in WEOS3.1 using WeTV.
Shall it be a SW problem or HW limitation

After some testing I have the following conclusions with my new WP2 WEOS 3.1 using WeTV DVB S2:
1. RF OUT works with the box ON and OFF or Standby... BUT in a very strange way.
2. It only passes signal from the satellite and polarity that has been tuned in the app WeTV, nothing else is send to RF Out. This means that it's only possible to tune some channels from the same Sat and Polarity as the last one that was tuned by WeTV, even after closing this app.
3. With this evidence it’s for me clear now that it is some kind of SW issue.
4. Also it is true that signal gain of the tuner is not the best we can get and the passway from RF In to RF Out introduces some further attenuation.

There must be a solution for this bug, Hope so!
(2017-08-18, 07:41)loadamasta Wrote: It looks like Netflix has dropped support for the Wetek boxes. Actually, you can not logging in Netflix (error NW-6-404). Some users on the Wetek forum said that they called the support of Netflix which confirmed that they have dropped Wetek. Thus, one of the biggest advantages of the excellent boxes will be gone. Very sad. I think the degree of popularity of the boxes will reduce rapidly if this issue cannot be resolved.

(2017-08-18, 13:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Well this version of Netflix still works:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

So is the above statement highlighted in bold correct or not? It's a pretty big statement to make. Is there some official information from Wetek regarding this subject?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-08-18, 16:05)jmh2002 Wrote: So is the above statement highlighted in bold correct or not? It's a pretty big statement to make. Is there some official information from Wetek regarding this subject?

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ment_58403
Quote:Of course, Netflix has not dropped WeTek, that is why the regular Mobile Netflix application is still working. We are only having issues with the AndroidTV version.
And like I told you before, we are still working on it.
(2017-08-18, 05:10)wrxtasy Wrote: The process for Recovery is the same for the Play2 as it is for the Hub when reflashing Android back into internal eMMC storage. You just have to use the correct WeOS3.1 Play2 Firmware .zip file

[Tutorial] How to update WeTek Hub/Play2 - Manually, Automatically and New Installations

Yes its called eMMC not the older NAND and WeTek still does not display it correctly even on their own Hub / Play2 splash screens. No

Thanks. BTW, NAND is still technically the right term. eMMC is just the term for the package which contains the flash controller and the storage device (in this case NAND flash). Ideally the engineer that created this screen should have run it by a less techy person and they might have changed it to "Boot from internal storage" and "Boot from external source" because both the eMMC and the uSD card contain NAND flash as the storage device.

Regards.
Hi, i read almost everything about KODI devices, but i need help.

Firstly, i am looking for a device where i can play kodi, and movies from usb. I am ok with fullHD and basic sound, i do not need 4K.

I found this devices:
Wetek play 2 with Minix Air mouse - my favorite yet
Minix NEO U9-H
RPi3
or .....?

The question is, what device is better (pros/cons)?
And important question, which device will work the longest time? Wetek cost aprox. 160eur with air mouse and i looking for devices at least for 3 years.

Thank you.
Nobody can guarantee you at least 3 years from any device, but currently the Wetek Play2 is a very capable device.

For a comprehensive comparison you should read this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
(2017-09-14, 12:32)FXB78 Wrote: Nobody can guarantee you at least 3 years from any device, but currently the Wetek Play2 is a very capable device.

For a comprehensive comparison you should read this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

I already read that. But i am newie in this, and i do not want to buy something what will not work after one year. Or it wont work properly.

Thank you very much for helping.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11