This weekend our forum will be unavailable for a few hours due to maintenance.

WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2018-01-27, 02:44)wasim_s Wrote: hi @wrxtasy 

I'm interested in the wetek play 2 with one problem being the single tuner and i'm thinking i have two options.

1.buy two wetek play 2 devices running libreelec os, assuming i can run a sat2ip server on one box and client on the other to have a dual tuner setup.
2.buy an odroid c2 and two "DVBSky S960C" dvb-s2 tuners because -i think- they have the best drivers support or a dual usb dvb-s2 tuner and setup a libreelec tvheadend server.

I'm leaning towards the first option because its actually less expensive and the fact that usb tuners are unreliable compared to PCIe ones.

your thoughts?

Why not buy a dedicated DVB-S2 SAT>IP tuner/server box ? You can get a quad-tuner box like the Telestar DIGIBIT R 1 HD SAT (which you can USB Boot with alternative firmware to add increased functionality should you wish) and it will 'just work', with any LibreElec (or OSMC if you look at the Vero 4K) build that you can find (the LE builds of TV Headend will work fine with a proper SAT>IP tuner). Or - if you like you can build a separate box to run TV Headend (or run it on a NAS, unRAID etc.) to increase your choice of Kodi clients.

You avoid having to worry about USB DVB-S2 tuner support (and 4 tuners for £140 is cheaper 'per tuner' too), nor do you have to try and get Wetek Play 2s to be SAT>IP servers.  You can then chose any LibreElec (or OSMC) client you want (anything from a very cheap no-name S905X box to a Wetek Hub or Vero 4K) - or if you go for a separate TV Headend build then you can also look at nVidia Shield TV, Apple TV 4K etc.

For reference - I have two TV Headend set-ups :

1. 9 x DVB-T/T2 USB tuners (to allow full UK Freeview HD reception with no clashes - 3 x PS3 Play TV Dual DVB-T, 1 x Win TV Dual HD DVB-T2 Dual tuner and an August DVB-T2 single tuner) and a Telestar Digibit R1 fed via two LNB feeds (but running to allow 4 tuners to use these semi-flexibly) feeding a small Haswell Celeron box running Ubuntu Server (with a custom kernel to avoid the standard kernel 8 DVB device limit)  with local storage, running TV Headend.

2. 1 x HD Homerun Dual DVB-T2 network tuner and a second 4 tuner Telestar Digibit R1 Sat>IP tuner fed via a Quad LNB - working to a TV Headend + Ubuntu server build running as a virtual machine on an ESXi box (which also runs my home Sophos Firewall, some home automation stuff etc.)

(I have two set-ups as I have two residences).

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by noggin - 2018-01-27, 11:25

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.