Req On Deck
What are devs thinking about this? Is this being discussed internally? Just updated to latest nightly built and I am still seeing a ton of watched movies at the very top of the movie section in the "recently added movies" section.

If the dev team does not want to change the current behavior, maybe allowing the user to hide that category would be a compromise? I stick to my point, that seeing watched movies at such a prominent location adds no value for me.
(2016-03-17, 10:37)JimmySmith2 Wrote: Would be great, if popcornmix commit propagate to the Kodi..

Any chance for this? Sad
Well they originate from a PR against master. But it got shut down, for introducing potential problems and not being that much used.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5747
I must admit I really liked this feature when it was in Confluence.

The Estuary "Unwatched" filter (in the "Recently Added" view) doesn't work as well as this database method, because let's say you have 50 recently added movies (the first 25 of which have been watched, the next 25 of which are unwatched) then in Estuary - which only shows at most 25 items - when you enable the "Unwatched" filter the "Recently Added" list becomes empty and doesn't show the remaining 25 unwatched movies.

Presumably this is because Estuary retrieves the 25 most recently added movies and then filters out the watched movies, leaving none left. If instead Estuary queried the database for "most recently added movies that have not been watched limit 25" then it would work much better. Which is basically what the Confluence patches did, I think.

The Estuary (must most likely "core"?) implementation of the "Unwatched" filter is so wrong it's not worth having IMHO - my movies "Recently Added" list currently shows 1 movie when applying the Unwatched filter, yet there's hundreds of unwatched movies in the library. It's the same with episodes, too.

Similarly the Estuary Home screen would work better if it had the option to show only unwatched recently added movies/episodes (using a database query, and not applying a filter on a limited result set). My Estuary home screen is cluttered with movies and episodes I've already watched, and there's no way to get rid of them.

A global non-skin specific "Hide watched" setting for the Recently Added queries would be a great thing IMHO, and would certainly improve Estuary.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse, thanks for this post. I could not have put this into better words. Have been trying to argue for this for years but it's been dismissed so far.

Hallelujah, Amen and fingers crossed this one get's finally tackled in Estuary.
Just created a PR for this -

https://github.com/xbmc/skin.estuary/pull/156

Thank you very much Hitcher! For some reason I dont see that repository. Maybe it is dumb question, but whats the PR's behaviour? Has it "changed query logic", or it is filter for already querried last XX items (see Milhouse post)?
Forgot it's a private repo for team members only.

It uses smart playlists when enabled to only show 10 recently added, unwatched items.

Here's the commit on my fork - https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.estuar...c9ccc607b5
(2016-05-16, 14:39)Hitcher Wrote: Here's the commit on my fork - https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.estuar...c9ccc607b5

Your fork is also private. Smile

Although as a team member I'm able to see both (your fork and upstream) and I'll include the version from your fork in tonight's LE build (assuming your fork becomes public in due course).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-16, 14:39)Hitcher Wrote: It uses smart playlists when enabled to only show 20 recently added, unwatched items.

Looks like only 10, but this fits with the Home screen as there are only 10 items. Your commit is working perfectly with the home screen, many thanks!

Just a small nit, would it be worth mentioning that this only applies to the Home screen in the settings description, eg. "Hide watched items from Home Screen recently added movies" (or similar) as this change has no effect on the "Recently added" views.

Not sure if anything can be done with the "Unwatched filter" in the "Recently added" views, but to be honest I'm quite happy with this solution (which works as well as the old Confluence solution), as dropping watched items from the Home screen is by far the biggest win.
10, sorry.

Also, as the section you are in is called 'Main menu items' I didn't see the need to mention it.
Yes, also private Smile I can agree with Milhouse, it would be great have the same for recently added, but the most used option (for unwatched) is definitivelly Home Screen for me also (dont want to speak for others). Plus (well I comment Confluence and my setup), inside sub-menus you have a full list with names without pictures, so there is plenty of room to view more items at once.

Big thanks!
(2016-05-16, 18:56)Hitcher Wrote: Also, as the section you are in is called 'Main menu items' I didn't see the need to mention it.

Yes that's a valid point, but perhaps a bit too subtle as there's two "recently added" views visible (or linked) on the home screen/main menu - the home screen widgets themselves, and then the "Recently added" view (top menu link). I suspect people will ask why they still see watched items in the Recently Added view after enabling this. The old Confluence patch did at least add "(home screen)" to the setting item in an attempt to avoided any confusion, and clarifying this setting applies only to the widgets wouldn't do any harm.

It's just a suggestion though, and it still works for me either way! Smile
I have been hoping for this for years. Has it been abandoned?
(2016-05-16, 10:43)Hitcher Wrote: Just created a PR for this -

https://github.com/xbmc/skin.estuary/pull/156

How do I add that item?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On Deck3