[solved] Kodi only in 1024*600 box on the upper left corner?
Hi experts here,
I have now searched for hours and am completely stuck.
I have been running Kodibuntu since a year without issue on a netbook connected to my HD-TV over VGA (nVidia).
I had the bad idea to update it today. Since that update (sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) Kodibuntu boots as usual into LXDE with full resolution.
If I start Kodi from there everything is OK, but I would like to boot into Kodibuntu as usual.

If I logoff from LXDE, the following login screen will be a 1024*600 box on the upper left corner of my TV, with a background gradient filling the rest of the HD image.
From that screen I have got no chance to change anything on the resolution.

If I select to boot into Kodi directly I will get the same problem: Kodi will be also on a 1024*600 box on the upper left corner of my TV, with a background gradient filling the rest of the HD image.
Within that mini-Kodi I cannot change the resolution to anything over 1024x600.

I am driving crazy, tried pretty much everything: booting with tv on, booting with tv off, changing the resolution on LXDE, nothing helps.
Excepted YOU! Maybe?

Any clue would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Laszlo
I am still stuck.
Apparently the settings of "randr" are not passed correctly between the sessions.
LXsession does not manage the screen switch keys and always takes the settings of the LCD, also when that output has been disabled in the "randr" settings.
I beg anyone able to give advice to help me.
Regards
Press "\" you are in window mode ..
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for supporting.
\ did not help. Unfortunately.

It is definively an issue with the second screen.
The only way I have found yet is to go to the hosting Lubuntu, start ARandR, remove the LVDS1 Display and leave VGA1 only, save the settings, start KODI from Lubuntu again.

The LVDS1 display is the culprit here, which much lower resolution is inherited until I change the RandR settings, but it comes again and again after each reboot.

Just to mention: LVDS1 is the (non existing any more) primary display of the netbook.

I tried to run a stock Kodibuntu on another notebook.
I could not manage to get it to display on the secondary screen.
The screen switch F10 is not functional.
From Kodi I did not find any option to do so.

Let me mention that it used to work with the previous version, which I am currently reinstalling.

Regards
Laszlo
You can tell /etc/default/grub to disable it - it's an intel gpu right?

By adding:
Code:
video=LVDS-1:d

In the default line and run sudo update-grub

Edit: There was another possibility to disable it, but I currently cannot remember.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-03-10, 20:39)fritsch Wrote: Press "\" you are in window mode ..

(2016-03-11, 23:38)fritsch Wrote: You can tell /etc/default/grub to disable it - it's an intel gpu right?

By adding:
Code:
video=LVDS-1:d

In the default line and run sudo update-grub

Thank you. I am currently reinstalling Kodibutu Helix.
I have prevously tried that: http://askubuntu.com/questions/712111/fo...a-hdmi-vga, but it did not help for KODI neither.
Finally, after reinstalling Helix and after changing

/etc/default/grub
from
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
to
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash video=LVDS-1:d"
and subsequently running an update-grub,
I came to the solution.

Thank you!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Kodi only in 1024*600 box on the upper left corner?0