Release NHK World Japan Live
(2017-02-18, 01:49)learningit Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 20:21)thickman Wrote: Hi,

NHK not working after the system upgraded to the newest version. Is there any upgrade to this add-on?

thanks,

Steve

(2017-02-16, 23:30)panon Wrote: Not to steer you away from this very fine addon, but did you try other alternative, Best of NHK addon. See kodi forum thread.

I believe that the first poster may be referring to the Best of NHK add-on , the NHK Live doesn't seem to have any problems.

No I am referring to NHK Live. After upgrade to Krypton, when I play NHK Live, it just crash or freeze. Any idea?

Steve
(2017-02-18, 04:18)thickman Wrote: No I am referring to NHK Live. After upgrade to Krypton, when I play NHK Live, it just crash or freeze. Any idea?

Steve

This add-on is the only one of mine which I actually use (I was an expatriate in Asia for many years and really miss Japan). I can confirm that there seems to be an intermittent problem with Kodi 17.0 on at least Android (I haven't seen it on other platforms I test). I have had the add-on hang to the point of having to reboot the AFTV once. I have also seen the picture freeze for about 30 seconds while the audio plays. No idea why this happens and it is quite rare for me.

If the add-on crashes still for you, I would like to see a debug log to try to help you.
This addon seems to be broken in Krypton. I am getting the following error on multiple computers.

LOG Removed by Mod
Version 3.0.7 fixes the above issue.

Please do not post logs in support threads. Post the entire log to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com and post the link in the support thread.

The update has been submitted to the kodi.org repo, it should update in a few days.
Hi!

Could we get an update on this wonderful addon?

Couple of days ago stopped working.

Here is the log click here

Thanks!
(2019-08-26, 20:16)melwilya Wrote: Hi!

Could we get an update on this wonderful addon?

Couple of days ago stopped working.

Here is the log click here

Thanks!

Hey fellow nhk live user,
I pushed update to plugin and waiting for acceptation: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/2512

If you dont want to wait, just change one character in scraper.py according: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pul...96de26dR36
Proud developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time xbmc/kodi user. IT Freak at Monogatari.
Thank you. Yesterday updated itself and works again!  Smile
The add-on seems to be broken for a weak already. When trying to stream, spins for a while and then goes back to the list screen.
I'm getting the same results as Krom above. Here is the relevant section of the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/omonoviziy.kodi

I am updated to version 3.0.8
(2019-12-15, 22:30)useruseruser Wrote: I'm getting the same results as Krom above. Here is the relevant section of the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/omonoviziy.kodi

I am updated to version 3.0.8
It appears the add-on author is not maintaining his many great add-ons, the last fix was from a forum member, not the author.

If you like NHK World, then please try my add-on Best of NHK. You will not be disappointed.
You will need to install my repo first, then install Best of NHK. Afterwards enjoy NHK Live Stream, NHK Video On Demand, NHK News, NHK videos on YouTube.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19. Install via my k19-addons repository.
A pull request for Version 3.0.12 has been issued for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.
Over the last few months I have created a new plug-in called NHK World TV - link to forum post.

It dynamically parses the NHK API wherever possible (there are still some hardcoded links) which should make it more resilient to these kind of changes. Feel free to copy the NHK Parser code to NHK World Japan Live if you want to.

Features 
  • watch the live stream in HD
  • access the full on-demand programs in HD, including programs, categories, playlists, etc.
  • check the latest Top-Stories & At A Glance stories (in SD)
  • access a "mini EPG" / live schedule with the upcoming shows - if the program is available on-demand, you can watch it on-demand it as well.
  • watch the NHK News Programs like NEWSLINE or NEWSLINE IN DEPTH
I have tested it extensively but it is my first Kodi plug-in. And feedback would be appreciated (either on Github or as reply to the announcement post),
A pull request for Version 3.0.14 has been issued for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

makes use of newer API.
A pull request for 3.0.15 has been issued for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

Cleans up some formatting issues. Support for Leia addon.xml.
Version 3.0.15 requires Leia or above.
Hey @learningit , I recently noticed the NHK addon got auto-updated in Kodi and WOW what a difference!!!  My wife and I frequently watch NHK through their website and always get frustrated with the low video quality streams, especially when trying to catch up on Sumo, and those would-be beautiful documentaries.  When I saw the addon update popup recently we gave it a try and were amazed by the increased clarity and resolution.  I came here searching for someone to thank for this update and I'm glade to have found you and this thread!

THANK YOU :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHK World Japan Live0