Release NHK World Japan Live
(2020-04-20, 19:04)xbmcoholic Wrote: Hey @learningit , I recently noticed the NHK addon got auto-updated in Kodi and WOW what a difference!!!  My wife and I frequently watch NHK through their website and always get frustrated with the low video quality streams, especially when trying to catch up on Sumo, and those would-be beautiful documentaries.  When I saw the addon update popup recently we gave it a try .....

I'm glad you found the add-on useful. NHK is a personal favorite of mine as well.
Version 3.0.16 is available in the kodi.org repo. Minor bug fixes and metadata cleanup.
Version 4.0.0 is available for Kodi V19 users.
Pretty much the same as the previous version except the VOD is now all 1080 HD.
Please note: this only works on V19 or above and is native Py3.
Version 4.0.1 is available in the v19 repo.
This version adds the ability to save shows to the library.
At the show level the context menu has 'Add to Library' choice.
The show's episodes are saved to the 'userdata/addon_data/script.module.t1mlib/shows/' directory in a folder under the show name.
You need to select 'userdata/addon_data/script.module.t1mlib/shows/' as a video source, select 'TV Shows" and use the TVDB scraper which has nearly all NHK programs.

Each episode is a .strm file named  'show_name YYYY-MM-DD [episode name].strm', e.g. 'Seasoning the Seasons 2019-09-08 [Tsukuda and Tsukishima A Summer of Fishermens Festival].strm'

The episode is scraped by the original airdate. Unfortunately for some older shows the original airdate is not available, only the last airdate. There is also an issue where the date given in the NHK metadata is a day off the date in TheTVDB.com.  In those cases, the date in the filename will need to be edited to the date given in TheTVDB.com. The episode can be found in TheTVDB.com by using the [episode name] in the filename. I'm trying to find a better solution but I have yet to figure one out.
(2020-07-20, 20:16)learningit Wrote: Version 4.0.1 is available in the v19 repo.
This version adds the ability to save shows to the library.
At the show level the context menu has 'Add to Library' choice.
The show's episodes are saved to the 'userdata/addon_data/script.module.t1mlib/shows/' directory in a folder under the show name.
You need to select 'userdata/addon_data/script.module.t1mlib/shows/' as a video source, select 'TV Shows" and use the TVDB scraper which has nearly all NHK programs.

Each episode is a .strm file named  'show_name YYYY-MM-DD [episode name].strm', e.g. 'Seasoning the Seasons 2019-09-08 [Tsukuda and Tsukishima A Summer of Fishermens Festival].strm'

The episode is scraped by the original airdate. Unfortunately for some older shows the original airdate is not available, only the last airdate. There is also an issue where the date given in the NHK metadata is a day off the date in TheTVDB.com.  In those cases, the date in the filename will need to be edited to the date given in TheTVDB.com. The episode can be found in TheTVDB.com by using the [episode name] in the filename. I'm trying to find a better solution but I have yet to figure one out.

V 3.0.16 on Kodi 18.9 is not working for the past 2 weeks. It loads the program details but when select the program to view, it tries to load but reverts with no error. Can you please check that?
Thanks.
(2020-12-21, 09:50)sivamurugan Wrote: V 3.0.16 on Kodi 18.9 is not working for the past 2 weeks. It loads the program details but when select the program to view, it tries to load but reverts with no error. Can you please check that?
Thanks.

Please use V4.0.x available in the kodi.org repo. V3.y.y is no longer supported.
For some reason VOD for latest episodes of Japan Railway Journal are not available in listing. Latest episode available was aired on 29 April 2021 "Moka Railway: Pushing Forward with Steam" and five new episodes have aired after that.
If "Cool Japan" can be added to list of programs it would be great.
V4.0.2 installed here, add-on has been working fine but stopped playing any streams in the last few days. Loads the list of streams, but on attempting to play, get a 'check log' failure. Standard log here https://paste.kodi.tv/erirecofaq.kodi
This addon is no longer working for me in Kodi 20.0. I believe it has to do with this deprecation of a bit of Python but I don't know how to fix it myself. I installed the PBS Kids add-on to try another one and see what's up but coincidentally it was made by the same author of this NHK add-on, with the same error. I guess they haven't updated their add-ons yet?

Here's my log. Kodi 20 running directly on my Android TV. The relevant bit starts at T:15939.
Okay so after looking around it looks like I just need to update an old library file.

Except I can't. Android graciously won't allow me to give myself access to the directory it is in. Where can I go from here?
Sorry for the triple post, but I fixed it! Here's how.

1) Create or download an updated t1mlib.py per the instructions here.
2) Download the existing t1m Library Routines add-on here
3) Extract the zip, replace t1mlib.py (in the lib directory) with the updated one.
4) Create a new zip of the script.module.t1mlib directory. Call it script.module.t1mlib-4.0.7-1.zip. I believe it needs to be a higher number than the existing add-on, hence the -1.
5) Place the file on a network share, a USB drive, etc. Something Kodi can see.
6) Navigate Kodi to installing an new add-on. Use the Install From Zip option and browse to your script.module.t1mlib-4.0.7-1.zip.
7) Curse Google for not allowing you east write access to your own device.
8) Enjoy!
Nice work @danfish !

The NHK Live app is working again for me using your suggestion in v19, just had to do a reboot after.
(2023-01-22, 22:26)danfish Wrote: Sorry for the triple post, but I fixed it! Here's how.

1) Create or download an updated t1mlib.py per the instructions here.
2) Download the existing t1m Library Routines add-on here
3) Extract the zip, replace t1mlib.py (in the lib directory) with the updated one.
4) Create a new zip of the script.module.t1mlib directory. Call it script.module.t1mlib-4.0.7-1.zip. I believe it needs to be a higher number than the existing add-on, hence the -1.
5) Place the file on a network share, a USB drive, etc. Something Kodi can see.
6) Navigate Kodi to installing an new add-on. Use the Install From Zip option and browse to your script.module.t1mlib-4.0.7-1.zip.
7) Curse Google for not allowing you east write access to your own device.
8) Enjoy!
This is not working for me at all, but I know absolutely nothing about Python or Android coding, so maybe that is not surprising.  After I made the changes to the timlib, I am now getting a syntax error.

Here is what i did:
I did not edit the t1mlib.py file directly - I did a copy and past of the entire edited file from PASTEBIN into my text editor and saved it locally.  I replaced the old file in the .zip archive with the new one.
After I install with the zip option, I get the syntax error on t1mlib.py line 19.  If I re-install the original t1m Library Routines from github using the same zip option, I am back to the original HTMLParser error.
Assuming that I introduced some syntax problem with my copy/paste, I went back to PASTEBIN and tried the "Download" button for the edited t1mlib.py file, and I put that one into the zip library without any edits on my part.  Now I am back to the original HTMLParser error, even though when I check the contents of the t1mlib.py file in the last zip file I used for the update, it DOES show the updated lines.  I am lost.

Log here:  https://paste.kodi.tv/irabaqidos
In this log, I have updated the t1m library with the downloaded t1mlib.py file, and it shows the HTMLParser error.

I probably need to clarify here - I am NOT testing the NHK World add-on, the video add-ons that I am trying to get working are Fox News and Cooking. 

I did install and test the PBS Kids and NHK Live add-ons that others have referenced, and they DO work with the updated t1mlib.py file.  So I am guessing there is more to do for different video add0ons?  I see that in kodaksmith's original post about how to do the needed changes for python with Kodi 20.0, he mentioned editing some 'EXAMPLENAME' scraper.py files, but I cannot see anything there about what specific changes are needed to those files.
Thank you for this alert.
I see I better stay with 19.4 that works fine for my needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHK World Japan Live0