Req Playback of two video streams at the same time for PiP (Picture-in-Picture) and more?
I am still working on transforming VideoPlayer into a more flexible architecture that eventually allow PiP. Unfortunately there is a lot of whining from others who are clueless what architecture means and are reluctant to change. A good example is this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=277344&page=9
I would love to see Kodi be able to show my Desktop or other running Applications in the PiP window. Also the ability of resizing and changing the position would be great too.
(2017-02-22, 21:16)freddy12 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 18:12)Memphiz Wrote: Where does it look likely to be v18 or v19? I really wanna know Smile

"is it" usually means a question... but feel free to always be a grumpy ass memphiz.

Will do - no worries...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-02-25, 14:27)FernetMenta Wrote: I am still working on transforming VideoPlayer into a more flexible architecture that eventually allow PiP. Unfortunately there is a lot of whining from others who are clueless what architecture means and are reluctant to change. A good example is this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=277344&page=9

Well I have seen that thread and it is to say the least nasty and unconstructive....and you do not really worth such nasty comments with all the work you have done so far...

Yet again, remember people are working on these forums in a transactional way, meaning in little bits and pieces, it is easy not lose the forest and look at only the tree this way....

How about agreeing with other developers the big picture, and write a nice blog on the upcoming architectural change with some nice diagrams in it and list the benefits as well as some of the functionalities that will be affected and how? That would make them understand I think...

Best regards

Argyrios
What about this. Only an idea.

you use videoplayer as standard one and use MPlayer for pip.
preconfige in settings on witch you want to use the MPLAYER for example DVBInput=1

i´m no coder but that sounds possible for me
PiP would be such an excellent addition to Kodi. The way I am set up now, I have a dual monitor system. and will run Kodi separately on both monitors (two separate instances). I want to connect a third monitor at some point in the future. I have scripts so my remote can control the volumes of each monitor via Pulseaudio. Ideally, a 65-80" 4k monitor with 8 PiPs would be amazing! ...sorry, I was dreaming a bit haha.
+1 Would like a change to make the Surveillance Room add-on far more capable and friendlier for novice users!
(2018-01-24, 15:55)maikito26 Wrote: +1 Would like a change to make the Surveillance Room add-on far more capable and friendlier for novice users!
 Most Surveillance cameras/software offer jpg screenshots instead of a live video feed. 
There is no reason why you can't create a custom window with as many images as you like.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-01-24, 17:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2018-01-24, 15:55)maikito26 Wrote: +1 Would like a change to make the Surveillance Room add-on far more capable and friendlier for novice users!
 Most Surveillance cameras/software offer jpg screenshots instead of a live video feed. 
There is no reason why you can't create a custom window with as many images as you like. 
Thanks for your feedback!

This is what's already happening in the add-on.  It works 95% well for the most part.  Its not always perfect or graceful in this way however there a few workarounds built in to make it more functional and pleasant.  That said its difficult to make it compatible with all camera types/formats and all users.  Changes discussed here could open up possibilities for a more capable add-on in the future.   Just my 2 cents.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback of two video streams at the same time for PiP (Picture-in-Picture) and more?2