Netflix app and Windows 10
(2016-03-12, 03:07)Tamuro Wrote: Ok i'm lost. I install the Advanced Launcher and made the notepad file. When I go into Kodi and click on the Advanced Launcher addon it goes to the next screen which just has a "Default" option there. How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Play with it Wink Gotta try before you ask how
(2016-03-12, 07:47)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 03:07)Tamuro Wrote: Ok i'm lost. I install the Advanced Launcher and made the notepad file. When I go into Kodi and click on the Advanced Launcher addon it goes to the next screen which just has a "Default" option there. How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Play with it Wink Gotta try before you ask how

I did, and failed lol.

Thanks,

You have to select the option to add the file location for where you keep the programs to be launched... For instance... c:\Documents\Kodi Stuff

Then you can browse under the launcher next time you run it to the .bat file.
(2016-03-12, 15:48)gdd2010 Wrote:

Thanks,

You have to select the option to add the file location for where you keep the programs to be launched... For instance... c:\Documents\Kodi Stuff

Then you can browse under the launcher next time you run it to the .bat file.

I did that but then I got a popup with 4 different choices which brought up the keyboard for 1 or 2 of them.
When I click on Advanced Launcher there is only 1 icon and that is default. When I click on that a box pops up "Create new launcher" with 5 options. I clicked on the "normal launcher" and scrolled through to find my netflix.bat file. When I click on that I get the keyboard box and is asking for "argument", I just hit done without typing in anything which brings up another option that says netflix in the typing box. I just hit done. Now when I open the advance launcher I still see the default option so when I click that it goes to a netflix option. When I click on that nothing happens.
(2016-03-12, 17:13)Tamuro Wrote: When I click on Advanced Launcher there is only 1 icon and that is default. When I click on that a box pops up "Create new launcher" with 5 options. I clicked on the "normal launcher" and scrolled through to find my netflix.bat file. When I click on that I get the keyboard box and is asking for "argument", I just hit done without typing in anything which brings up another option that says netflix in the typing box. I just hit done. Now when I open the advance launcher I still see the default option so when I click that it goes to a netflix option. When I click on that nothing happens.

I don't have advanced launcher setup anymore, but it sounds like you are doing it correctly. You wouldn't pass arguments since it's a bat file and any arguments will be passed within there(but you don't need any). Does netflix.bat work correctly if you run it outside of advanced launcher?

Also, I believe when you open advanced launcher and you can see "default" you should be able to context menu there and choose to create a a folder of your naming. I could be wrong, but I thought that was how you created your own, so it doesn't all sit in default folder.
dosent work on my pc the batch file
(2016-03-12, 19:54)Derek Wrote: dosent work on my pc the batch file

Yeah, I don't/won't install any metro apps so I can't test.
I just installed it out of interest i run netflix via the telly so i get 4k
(2016-03-12, 22:02)Derek Wrote: I just installed it out of interest i run netflix via the telly so i get 4k

You mean 720-1080 original content up converted to 4k correct? Until they start using 4k cameras you're never gonna see true 4k res. It's all just up converted normal hd. Film is different of course but until all these networks are forced to up-grade all their equipment to capture the content at 4k you won't see it. 4k bluray players, 4k tv's it's all just hype. I want real 4k content.
Im happy with mine
(2016-03-12, 18:57)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 17:13)Tamuro Wrote: When I click on Advanced Launcher there is only 1 icon and that is default. When I click on that a box pops up "Create new launcher" with 5 options. I clicked on the "normal launcher" and scrolled through to find my netflix.bat file. When I click on that I get the keyboard box and is asking for "argument", I just hit done without typing in anything which brings up another option that says netflix in the typing box. I just hit done. Now when I open the advance launcher I still see the default option so when I click that it goes to a netflix option. When I click on that nothing happens.

I don't have advanced launcher setup anymore, but it sounds like you are doing it correctly. You wouldn't pass arguments since it's a bat file and any arguments will be passed within there(but you don't need any). Does netflix.bat work correctly if you run it outside of advanced launcher?

Also, I believe when you open advanced launcher and you can see "default" you should be able to context menu there and choose to create a a folder of your naming. I could be wrong, but I thought that was how you created your own, so it doesn't all sit in default folder.

I just tried to run the .bat outside of Kodi and I get what seems like the cmd window pop up for a split second and then closes right away. Nothing happens after that.
(2016-03-13, 02:49)Derek Wrote: Im happy with mine

Oh I don't doubt that but you see what I'm saying. You didn't need a 4k TV to up convert standard HD. PC's have been able to do that for awhile now. Just render it at 4k but display it at 1080. It's the same thing really.
depends ive never saw a clearer image than my tv puts out
(2016-03-13, 02:50)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 18:57)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

I just tried to run the .bat outside of Kodi and I get what seems like the cmd window pop up for a split second and then closes right away. Nothing happens after that.

Ok, that explains why it doesn't work. That stuff that was put into the bat file must only work on windows 8/8.1 I did a google search and couldn't find anything really. So do this for me, find the netflix app in your start menu and create a shortcut to it on your desktop(wherever). Load up advanced launcher and see if you can choose the shortcut you created. If not, you can edit netflix.bat to load the shortcut:

Code:
C:\LocationofNetflixshortcut\netflix.lnk

I just tried this for the settings app and it works flawlessly. The bat file that is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix app and Windows 101