• 13(current)
Req Massive font size
What does "nice" have to do with functionality? The main purpose of a skin  is to display information.If the end user cannot easily read the information, you have failed as a designer. The only time a user see the skin is when he is looking for content, or during setup, both are times when the appearance is not relevant.
Just discovered this and want to express my appreciation to those who have created solutions for the small font problem. I have worked my way through many skins and only Estuary has what I need but reading it from the couch is a real pain. So delighted to have found the plus skin and MyPVRGuide. These both seem to work fine with 17.6. I can't thank you guys enough!
the label can not be moved to another part of the screen kodi 18
10 FOOT FRNT MOD for WidgetListSquare
Includes_Home

find
</control>

</focusedlayout>
    <include condition="!$PARAM[pvr_submenu]" content="SubmenuContent">

about line 491
add
<!---label---> 
     <control type="label">
     <align>center</align>
       <aligny>center</aligny>
       <left>50</left>
       <top>50</top>
       <width>240</width>
       <height>70</height>
       <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
       <font>font60</font>
       <shadowcolor>text_shadow</shadowcolor>
           </control>

-----------------------------------------------
</control>

</focusedlayout>
    <include condition="!$PARAM[pvr_submenu]" content="SubmenuContent">

Includes_Home
set this to bold   <label>$PARAM[label]</label>
and a good font size is font37
<include name="CategoryLabel">
  <param name="visible">true</param>
  <definition>
   <control type="label" id="$PARAM[list_id]666">
    <left>55</left>
    <top>80</top>
    <width>900</width>
    <height>90</height>
    <font>font37</font>

<label>$PARAM[label]</label>

<shadowcolor>text_shadow</shadowcolor>
    <visible>$PARAM[visible]</visible>
    <visible>Integer.IsGreater(Container($PARAM[list_id]).NumItems,0) | Container($PARAM[list_id]).IsUpdating</visible>
   </control>
  </definition>
The purpose of Kodi it to provide information on your media. It does not matter if it is "nice" if it is not functional. What exactly is "nice" ? Is it really impossible to right a "nice" skin that works on CRT and HDTV or is it beyond your skills? A skin whose font cannot be read is not "nice" it is worthless.
First, "one" purpose of Kodi is to provide info about media.  There's obviously a trade between the amount of info displayed, and the visual size of individual elements.  It's hard for one skin to serve all possible usage cases.  Take a look at Android, and even with a high-powered UX design guidance and implementation platform there are shortcomings in Android TV compared to desktop or mobile.

scott s.
It´s impossible to write a nice skin for a CRT and a "proper" HD TV at the same time.  Perhaps the task is beyond your skill level, or your opinion of nice is skewed. The sole purpose of ANY skin is to provide information, if you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.
Can we solve this ? I have a 38“ 12 feet away. Its painful. Could someone make a large font skin please?
(2020-10-14, 06:09)babbahotep Wrote: Can we solve this ? I have a 38“ 12 feet away. Its painful. Could someone make a large font skin please?

Have you tried https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307916
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Massive font size4